Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Anyone tried EMF AF Confirm Contax to canon lens adapter?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:03 am    Post subject: Anyone tried EMF AF Confirm Contax to canon lens adapter? Reply with quote

Has any one tried it EMF AF Confirm Contax to canon lens adapter ?
How good are is the AF micro-adjustment 32 levels feature ?
From BIG_IS here.
Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dakoo,

I own 3 EMF adapters from Big-IS (2xContax,1xNikon).

After I have correctly calibrated all 3 of them(it's an prerequisite as I founded) I can tell you that I get pin-sharp focus now . Each of the lens that I use them have their own different micro-calibration setting by the way, around setting #23~25. I also realized that my other simple chip adapters are crap in focusing correctly, around 85% of them .

Also with the fully working stop-down metering method I FINALLY got perfect exposures 99.9% of the time using my camera's own metering system correctly . Exif's now indicate the correct f number for every shoot I do.
The bad thing is that I have to recalibrate them again from scratch with the arrival of my brand new 5DII Laughing

With all this calibration I also realized how important is to calibrate the camera's own dioptric adjustment knob for the quest of perfect focusing.
Each of my lenses need a different setting on the knob to get correct focus if you only used eye focusing (QBM lenses) Wink
I was shocked to realize that what I was seen as pin-sharp was not what my CMOS was receiving ... of course the use of Live-View will cancel my findings for good Wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the one from big_is and also one from happypagehk Click here to see on Ebay. The microadjust feature is great as said.
Both adapters are of good quality. The second adapter is of better finish and the chip on it is much easier to adjust.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!
I`m looking for some cheap AF Confirm Chip. I want it for my Contax lenses - i have exposure poblems at small apertures(i don`t have any chip now) .My 5d overexpose from f/4....Will this chip make me exposure correctly?- i would like to use at f/4 and smaller(lenses are f/1.4 and f/2.Cool.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keysersoze27 wrote:
Dakoo,

I own 3 EMF adapters from Big-IS (2xContax,1xNikon).

After I have correctly calibrated all 3 of them(it's an prerequisite as I founded) I can tell you that I get pin-sharp focus now . Each of the lens that I use them have their own different micro-calibration setting by the way, around setting #23~25. I also realized that my other simple chip adapters are crap in focusing correctly, around 85% of them .

I have found that:
1. The AF confirm accuracy varies with the distance of your subject
2. My 1,4/85 Contax does not focus to infinity (see my yesterday's post)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

old thread ..... Razz

I used this to microcalibrate my 5dii lenses http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/article_pages/cameras/1ds3_af_micoadjustment.html +tripod....

All my C/Y lenses focus to infinity ....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karabud wrote:
Hi!
I`m looking for some cheap AF Confirm Chip. I want it for my Contax lenses - i have exposure poblems at small apertures(i don`t have any chip now) .My 5d overexpose from f/4....Will this chip make me exposure correctly?- i would like to use at f/4 and smaller(lenses are f/1.4 and f/2.Cool.

My 1.4/50 planar is exposing correctly @1.4 with my EMF on 5dII ... some lenses might need +0.33 exposure but I need to check it further...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keysersoze27 wrote:
karabud wrote:
Hi!

My 1.4/50 planar is exposing correctly @1.4 with my EMF on 5dII ... some lenses might need +0.33 exposure but I need to check it further...

It`s something like:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EMF-AF-Confirm-Chip-Olympus-Canon-EOS-Adapter-/280506305099?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Photography_CameraLenses_Lens_caps_hoods_adaptors_ET&hash=item414f7a8a4b#ht_6875wt_911

or

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EMF-AF-confirm-chip-chipset-Canon-lens-adapter-/120440875308?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Photography_CameraLenses_Lens_caps_hoods_adaptors_ET&hash=item1c0ad5e92c#ht_4140wt_1137

?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the second link ... Big_IS's ebay shop.

Don't know about HappypageHK V5 PLUS chip if it's better or not to the EMF chip....

EMF v3 is comming soon as they have reported

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keysersoze27 wrote:
the second link ... Big_IS's ebay shop.

Don't know about HappypageHK V5 PLUS chip if it's better or not to the EMF chip....

EMF v3 is comming soon as they have reported

Thx for advice. I bought one forum Big_IS. And second with adapter from Aolegs link.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got one!Wink
Can somebody send me a tutorial/manual? I don`t know how to use it...