Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Anyone seen this viewfinder?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:55 am    Post subject: Anyone seen this viewfinder? Reply with quote

Hi -I have had this for a while now ,but never took time to find out what camera it was used with. If you've used it or have experience with this-I'd love to hear.
Its got Braun -Nurnburg written on top. There is a tiny ring that turns from 3.5ft ti infinity. Its says made in Germany on the base on one side and the numbers 35, 50,85 and 135 on the other.
Heres some images.

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't that be for a Paxette ?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Wouldn't that be for a Paxette ?

Thanks for your response. It could verywell be for a Paxette. All the research I have done shows a turret type viewfinder on Paxettes, and a another black one-just not this one-hence my curiosity. Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anything that would particularly limit it to a Paxette? Seems to me that this is an aftermarket VF for the focal lengths shown and that, once mounted in a "cold shoe" could be used for any of the focal length lenses listed? I mention this because I have or have had "univeral" VFs not unlike this that were obviously meant to be used with a variety of lenses.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have universal viewfinders too. I have a rather neat Accura branded zoom one that goes from 35-200mm
There is of course just one known 200mm rangefinder lens !

I was thinking Paxette because that thing had standard 85mm lenses.

Leica didn't, 85mm lenses for Leica are rare and expensive wile the 90mm Elmar was common. So if made with an eye to Leica it should have been marked 85mm