Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Anyone experience with Fuji XE-1(or Pro) and Contax Yashica
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Anyone experience with Fuji XE-1(or Pro) and Contax Yashica Reply with quote

Hello All,

I'm looking for a new body. The Fuji XE-1 looks good, has viewfinder and a bounce flash.
I have a lot of Contax/Yashica glass, like the Zeiss Planar 50mm f1.4.
Has anyone tried these lenses on the fuji ?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont personally have either cam, but have an x100 and x10/20, so i follow fuji and read a lot about them on reviews and forums. The only lenses that seem to have issues are WA rangefinder lenses, because of the unique way light passes through them. I have not read anything in the last year that suggests that any slr lens doesnt perform great on the xp or xe and ive seen some great work with those cams and contax lenses. I believe its a very safebet.
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the X-E1 last month, coming from a Nikon D700. It is a great camera. If I had some Contax/Yashica lenses, I would pick up a speed-booster from Metabones for them. I'm waiting for the Nikon-Fuji speed booster.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cornea wrote:
Got the X-E1 last month, coming from a Nikon D700. It is a great camera. If I had some Contax/Yashica lenses, I would pick up a speed-booster from Metabones for them. I'm waiting for the Nikon-Fuji speed booster.

Thx, eager to some pics ! Let us know Smile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello,

i ve this camera (X-PRO1) and a canon EOS->fuji X adapter, and a lot of manual lenses : M42, OLYMPUS,NIKON,PENTAX and YASHICA/contax

i ve ML 50/1.7 (lovely), DSB 28/2.8, and DSB 135/3.5

somes samples with olympus 28-70/3.5-4.5

fish-eye-takumar 17/f4

ML 50/f1.7

juste for test

I love this camera and i love to use it with MFlenses

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a X-E1 since last week, and I ordered a few adapters for my manual lenses. I already tried with some M42 and FD lenses. The feeling is great, and after a few hours I started feeling confortable with focusing and now I don't miss my focus anymore. The lack of focus peaking is not so bad after all !
But the viewfinder shows some lag in bad lighting conditions, it's hard to focus then. And the viewfinder, in full manual mode, will not show the real exposure of your shot. You have to rely on an exposure scale. It's tricky.

If you like the controls and the feeling of the camera, and of course its special colors and wonderful pictures, just buy it. It's great, and for manual glass it's good. So good that I decided to sell my Nex-5N, and now use my collection of old glass with the Fuji. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billou wrote:
So good that I decided to sell my Nex-5N, and now use my collection of old glass with the Fuji. Wink

Nex-5n still has a significant feature over Fuji - focus peaking. Regarding colors, it's very personal Smile.