Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Any info on the Panagor PMC 28mm f/2?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:58 am    Post subject: Any info on the Panagor PMC 28mm f/2? Reply with quote

I've been offered a Panagor PMC 28mm f/2 lens that intrigues me. After some googling I've been able to find limited info on the f/2.5 and f/2.8 versions of this 28mm lens – but absolutely nothing on the f/2. This lens is not even listed on the Panagor page of camera-wiki.org: http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Jaca_Corporation#Panagor_lenses

One thing I've noticed is that all of the f/2.5 and f/2.8 lenses shown online have a 5-digit serial number. The one I've been offered has 6 digits, apparently.

Any info? Is this lens any good? Was it part of a limited production? Any idea of worth?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: Any info on the Panagor PMC 28mm f/2? Reply with quote

invisible wrote:
I've been offered a Panagor PMC 28mm f/2 lens that intrigues me. After some googling I've been able to find limited info on the f/2.5 and f/2.8 versions of this 28mm lens – but absolutely nothing on the f/2. This lens is not even listed on the Panagor page of camera-wiki.org: http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Jaca_Corporation#Panagor_lenses

One thing I've noticed is that all of the f/2.5 and f/2.8 lenses shown online have a 5-digit serial number. The one I've been offered has 6 digits, apparently.

Any info? Is this lens any good? Was it part of a limited production? Any idea of worth?

Kiron/Kino made a 2/28 that is rather good.
It is possible that the Panagor is one of these.
OH

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 for Kiron/Kino.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: Any info on the Panagor PMC 28mm f/2? Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Kiron/Kino made a 2/28 that is rather good.
It is possible that the Panagor is one of these.
OH

Unfortunately, I don't have an image of the Panagor lens (at least yet) so I can't compare it to the Kiron. I was hoping it would be Komine made, as I understand that Komine-made 28/2 lenses are better than the Kirons.

Hopefully there's someone around here with first-hand experience with he Panagor (or at least some experience of any kind Smile )

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kiron is no slouch.

Be interesting to see it when it arrives
OH

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
The Kiron is no slouch.

Clearly it's not Smile Great sharpness and colour in that image!

Oldhand wrote:
Be interesting to see it when it arrives

I haven't decided to buy the Panagor yet. The gentleman wanted me to make an offer, but I'd like to know if the lens is worth buying at all Smile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I bought one of these Panagor 28 f/2, FD mount. We'll see how good it is when it arrives, sellers pic:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like the Kiron.
Panagor is a common rebrand name for the later Kiron line.
I have one of these as a Vivitar, which also sold these under their brand.

Its a worthwhile lens.
Its not the best wide open and its got a common fault with sticky aperture blades.
I have had to fix three of these over the years. I still have one.

The sticky blade problem is not hard to fix, but it takes some patience and many treatments with naptha/lighter fluid.
Wide open its a bit soft, but usable. There are better 28/2's around, but you wont find them as cheap as this.

Its a very useful lens, a large aperture slightly wide "normal" for APS-C.