Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Any info about 500mm f/8 Sigma-XQ Mirror Ultra-Telephoto?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Any info about 500mm f/8 Sigma-XQ Mirror Ultra-Telephoto? Reply with quote

Hello.
I recently bought this metal beast from the ebay for around $60 with shipping.
But cannot find any samples. So, until I got it, I would like to know more about this lens.
Does anyone have experience with it? Any opinions?
I am going to post a review.
But considering I am from the Ukraine, it will take a couple of weeks until I will receive it.
Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! ..... Never see sharp photos taken with XQ mirror 8/500 on the web. May be your copy will be OK in quality...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never saw any samples from it at all. Just small descriptions on the net. I decided to take a chance for this price. It is in perfect condition with original case. You think it is a waste of money? I wonder what eXtra Quality means for Sigmas.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most XQ lens has excellent build quality but below average performance in the same era(expect some goold ones like the 1.8/135 and 2.8/55 macro). For practical use, the Tamron 8/500 mirror will be more suitable and affordable.

P.S. I have a mint XQ 4/300 sitting in my dry box and I think it worth every penny I paid for($30 without shipping). Wink