Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Any EBC Fujinon 55mm f1.8 users here ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Any EBC Fujinon 55mm f1.8 users here ? Reply with quote

I bet you love yours Cool

Some samples from mine. Some friends and their 10 year old son, and their dog Linka, a British Wolf Dog. She is a cross between Czech Wolf Dog and Inuit.

The strange Bokeh behind the 10 year old kid is me messing around to get a dream look, as he was pretending to dream Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have fujinon 55mm/1.8 but it's not ebc, and i haven't really tested it yet

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, maybe i'm the only one Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fretless Pete wrote:
Wow, maybe i'm the only one Shocked

Could be...I just have the 50mm X-fujinon F1.9 bayonet but just except it's a very good nifty fifty and haven't bothered to compare it with other 50mm lenses, but one thing I noticed:- it came with a Vivitar 2Xs extender (plus STX-2 Smile ) and the results are very good. erm Maybe it's an interesting new topic i.e. what's the best magnification prime for a 2Xs extender.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series -Great shots! Here are some of mine from early spring-Yes I love mine.

Very Happy

Last edited by Kathmandu on Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had one few years ago. Did try it a bit and the results were very good. Ended up at evilbay again...

Btw: Impressive shots!

Klaus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks folks, yes be nice to see more. I'm not sure what an X fujinon is though ?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fretless Pete wrote:
I'm not sure what an X fujinon is though ?

It's an eXperimental Fujinon. It is X (ten) times better than the average Fujinon. It is favored by invaders from planet X...

It's actually a bayonet mount Fujinon for the STX and AX series cameras.

Bill

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I awaiting one from *bay. Really can't wait to see it. Like to try it out on Fujica body. Heard only good things about his lens and yours pics are easily confirm it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used mine extensively for about a year on a Fujica AZ-1. It was a really fabulous combination. The size of the camera and lens made it feel more like a rangefinder setup than a SLR. It was super quick with the auto exposure system and full aperture metering. The only drawback was that EBC lenses work in full stop markers so there is less control over DOF and exposure.

I'd recommend it for color photography Pete. I found the EBC lenses deliver some of the richest, vibrant colors in the business.

In a rather shameless plug I'm selling a whole bunch of EBC lenses (including the 1.8/55mm) plus the AZ-1 along with its winder.
I'm trying to raise some money to dump into medium format.

Last edited by themoleman342 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:

In a rather shameless plug I'm selling a whole bunch of EBC lenses (including the 1.8/55mm) plus the AZ-1 along with its winder: http://shop.ebay.com/jenstarct/m.html

What a decision. Shocked
Audacious.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

casualcollector wrote:
Fretless Pete wrote:
I'm not sure what an X fujinon is though ?

It's an eXperimental Fujinon. It is X (ten) times better than the average Fujinon. It is favored by invaders from planet X...

It's actually a bayonet mount Fujinon for the STX and AX series cameras.

Bill

Thanks Bill , amusing Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spleenone wrote:
I awaiting one from *bay. Really can't wait to see it. Like to try it out on Fujica body. Heard only good things about his lens and yours pics are easily confirm it.

Thanks spleen - i think you'll be very glad you bought one

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
I used mine extensively for about a year on a Fujica AZ-1. It was a really fabulous combination. The size of the camera and lens made it feel more like a rangefinder setup than a SLR. It was super quick with the auto exposure system and full aperture metering. The only drawback was that EBC lenses work in full stop markers so there is less control over DOF and exposure.

I'd recommend it for color photography Pete. I found the EBC lenses deliver some of the richest, vibrant colors in the business.

In a rather shameless plug I'm selling a whole bunch of EBC lenses (including the 1.8/55mm) plus the AZ-1 along with its winder: http://shop.ebay.com/jenstarct/m.html

Thanks Mole - yes i have already noted the wonderful colours of this little lens. Superb Cool