Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Another unique optics "discovered" by coincidence
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Another unique optics "discovered" by coincidence Reply with quote

I have accumulated many ZOOM parts over time. Sometimes i try to combine different parts (possibly turning them around too) and see the results.
Here interesting combination popped out (used as TS with rubber & M42 adapter mounting). It's a bit swirly. Pentax K10D and high contrast light.

Peace Valley & Cousins

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Another unique optics "discovered" by coincide Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
I have accumulated many ZOOM parts over time. Sometimes i try to combine different parts (possibly turning them around too) and see the results.
Here interesting combination popped out (used as TS with rubber & M42 adapter mounting). It's a bit swirly. Pentax K10D and high contrast light.

Love those Smile Well done and thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. Countryside helps give these the air of 19th century photographs, with quality unobtainable then. Bravo!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

siriusdogstar wrote:
Nice. Countryside helps give these the air of 19th century photographs, with quality unobtainable then. Bravo!

+1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Another unique optics "discovered" by coincide Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:

Interesting result. What did you actually do?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the assembly. Sadly I trully cannot remember the lens parts taken from.
Vaguely it was big Canon (plastic outside) ZOOM (might be Sigma), with electric contacts.
I know it sounds like i am holding it secret but i would admit if i wouldn't want to disclose info.
I will make photos of my MOD so one might figure it out.

Here some more samples. My daughter. I picked vertical photos.
All horizontal in stop motion video - HD link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDv0LhXja80&hd=1

Saturday Morning.

I'd like to mention one funny resemblance with Angenieux 0.95/50mm Type M1. I found this link:
http://zunow.blog51.fc2.com/blog-category-74.html (go to next pages too).
Or: http://www.flickr.com/photos/17916504@N06/sets/72157623086264278

But it can't do central bokeh like mine Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful children - and lady - well-captured. Pics have a Brownie look to them ...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should make some of the images look old - make sepia, add some noise and vignetting.

Nice shots and the landscape make me even less happy with the local lack of landscapes.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly too much vignetting on FF. Here samples of new baby Maia, not 2 months old yet.
In hands of another Maia, family friend.

Ideal for APS-C though. I will put add in marketplace.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maia the baby is a character! I could see her telling jokes...

I really like the results with this lens assembly. Perfect imperfection I'd say.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "old-time" quality of some of the outdoor pictures have the look of early 'ortho' emulsions that couldn't see orange or red light. Did you use a filter?