Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

another moon
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: another moon Reply with quote

tonight

Samsung GX-10 3M-5A 50mm mirror lens Smile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Focus appears a bit soft. Is this typical of mirror lenses?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can be hard to focus especially at night, it can also focus beyond infinity Smile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never seen a mirror camera lens that wasn't quite soft. Nothing like the old 600mm F4 (-:}!

One thing I like about the D90 I just got is it's "live view". You can use the screen to zoom way in for critical focus. On my moon shot I was able to zoom into an area of a few craters to get the best focus before taking the shot.

The moon pic I got with the D90 is one of the sharpest I've seen from a camera and photographic lens combo. I think some of that has to do with being able to zoom 100x for focusing.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MTO 500mm f6.3 sharp as any glass.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! your setup is excellent for the moon pic you took, its really very good and incredibly sharp does you great credit Very Happy Very Happy