Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Another 50's samples
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Another 50's samples Reply with quote

The mighty optical power from nikkor 50/1.8 AIS Smile

both at F1.8

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicely sharp ... i have one 50/1.8, i accidentally bought it, thinking i was bidding on a 50/1.4 ... Perhaps i should give it a try.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that there is little to choose in sharpness between any of the nikkor 50's, the main difference being the widest aperture available. Of course, each is at its softest wide open, but by 5.6 there is virtually nothing to choose between them for sharpness. OOF rendition seems to invert with widest aperture - the 1.2 being the least desirable. If you don't need speed try the 50/2, one of nikkors best kept secrets.

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two versions of the 1.8, Im not a huge fan of the E version but the other is very nice. I also own two 1.4's and I absolutley love both lenses.

EVEN WIDE OPEN!

The 1.4's are sharp all the way through.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is 50/2 sharper than 50/1.8 at f2?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure, you can found samples with both lenses in mflenses.com/gallery.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm asking because I can get it for 50€ inc. shipping costs, and another 50€ to get nikkor 28/3.5 AIS with it... I think it's worth buying them both Question