Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Angenieux x2, plus CV APO-Lanthar, plus a surprise...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Angenieux x2, plus CV APO-Lanthar, plus a surprise... Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
Thanks a lot Spyros for your nice word! I'm sure my lenses have found a nice new home and I'm looking forward to see your pictures with these great lenses Wink .....

Well, just some test-snapshots for a start, using a pot of humble chrysanthemums as a model (all four pics on Kodak DCS pro SLR/n @1/90"):

Angenieux 90/2.5 type Y12 @f/5.6 (~1.3m away):

Angenieux 180/4.5 type P21 @f/5.6 (~2.5m away):

APO-Lanthar 180/4 SL @f/5.6 (~2.5m away):

...and finally, the surprise, Kyoei Acall 135/3.5 wide-open, with L39/Nikon F adaptor (~0.6m away):

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Angenieux 2,5m Reply with quote

2,5 must be about the closest one gets. My P21 in M42 mount focuses to 8 1/2 feet. I suspect they were computed for longer distances.

Also, I note that you are labelled as in Greece; hold on to the Angenieux; having easily traded, desirable optics may be a good way to hedge against Euro\Drachma losses (or Euro\Peseta for that matter).

p.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Angenieux 2,5m Reply with quote

paulhofseth wrote:
2,5 must be about the closest one gets. My P21 in M42 mount focuses to 8 1/2 feet......................................

True, all three samples I own (the other two being Alpa Alitars) have a mfd of 2.35m~2.4m.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rare opportunity to see these together, thank you for sharing them. Seems first three has 'built-in' Photoshop come out perfect , not require any PP, last will be great too with little PP.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got the Kyoei in exakta mount. Can't wait for it to arrive - cost me all of $7

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: Angenieux 2,5m Reply with quote

SVP wrote:
paulhofseth wrote:
2,5 must be about the closest one gets. My P21 in M42 mount focuses to 8 1/2 feet......................................

True, all three samples I own (the other two being Alpa Alitars) have a mfd of 2.35m~2.4m.

---------------------

And the Alpa brochure presenting the Alitar 180 pre-autoaperture version, says that they are ideal for long distance.

p-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice presentation Spyros, that well know fine 90mm Angenieux really shines!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful collection of lenses and flowers !

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all!

PS: The surprise I mentioned has to do with the Kyoei Acall being able to render such decent results despite: (a) apparent haze and a couple of serious scratches inside the front group and (b) the short distance to subject (due to it being a L39 lens mounted on a Nikon F body).
Given that both "defects" were well known to me prior to the acquisition, I couldn't wait to test the lens in order to assess any effect: a very nice surprise indeed!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I (easily) removed the haze from the Kyoei Acall and did a second test - the results got better (all pics wide-open & handheld):

For the sake of comparison, the same subjects shot with the Micro-Nikkor 200/4:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh that OOF - nice and creamy. I can't wait to try out my exakta version of this odd lens (kyoei). Still waiting on a) health and b) weather

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I like this lens a lot:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great samples with your new lens Smile ....and yes, the kyoei is a surprising good lens....that's also a good news if you removed the haze, I did tried it but it was not successful!....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Pascal!
With a Nikon/LTM adapter the 135/3.5 Kyoei focuses from quite close to max. 1.5m, thus becoming a serious alternative to macro lenses for the particular range (judging from its nice performance).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes I know, I did use this lens on the D700 and got some nice results as well except some low contrast wide open but it was may be due to the haze!...
here some flowers closed up with this lens on D700:

Wink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To do proper lens tests, you need a test chart. These 'tests' are of little value, as subject and camera movement is possible.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oreste wrote:
To do proper lens tests, you need a test chart. These 'tests' are of little value, as subject and camera movement is possible.

Sure, no doubt about this; that's why I called these pics "test-snapshots" from the very beginning, to denote that these are NOT part of a proper test.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I say I love the Kyoei 135?