Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Anamorphic cinema lens - HELP
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Anamorphic cinema lens - HELP Reply with quote

I bough collection of Anamorphic cinema lens. My idea was to keep one for me and sell the rest. Is there here someone who is familiar with this type of lenses? Or maybe to recommend me some for forum for this type of lenses?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Anamorphic cinema lens - HELP Reply with quote

Srdjan wrote:
I bough collection of Anamorphic cinema lens. My idea was to keep one for me and sell the rest. Is there here someone who is familiar with this type of lenses? Or maybe to recommend me some for forum for this type of lenses?

You may want to try eoshd forums. Some guys there use anamorphic lenses.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have experience with them and know most of them. Ask me, PM if you like.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, if you get some results with them, can you post some? I´m very interested in all this quirky anamorphic stuff Smile
I want one so badly :/
Cheers,
Timo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can be quite fun... (from 2009 Hot Air Balloon Festival Ladenburg, Germany)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, what lens you have?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for help
OK this is the list of lenes, can someone give me comments about quality of picture they give separately.
All of them are from cine projectors
1.sankor anamorphic adapter -B od 50-500
2.cinemascope projector attachment I yr 5767
Bausch & Lomp optical CO Rochester,N.Y. USA
3. Rathenower optishhe werke Rectimascop IV 64/2x
p61282 od 10-150 m
4. optical
5.Isco-Gottingen Anamorphotic Kiptar 2x
6.Meopta Anagon 2x
7. France Puralscope

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of them seem to be projection lenses. Big, heavy and not suitable for shooting although you can do that.

I once have the Kiptar. A video test I uploaded is here https://vimeo.com/40570351
Very huge and heavy lens. Quite sharp though.

If you have the Sankor ones those designed for 16mm they will be much smaller and lighter. Capable for shooting due to the size and weight.

Most of anamorphic projection lenses are required to be focused on both taken lens and anamorphic lens, so racking focus is quite impossible.

See http://super8wiki.com/index.php/Anamorphic_Lenses for more info, quite out of date.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The EOSHD.com forum is great as some people have said earlier.
My recommendation is to get a lens clamp and try all the anamorphic lenses for yourself and keep the one/ones you like the most.

Usually a taking lens around 50mm is good on micro 4/3, 85m for APS-C and 100mm for full frame.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Srdjan wrote:
Thank you for help
OK this is the list of lenes, can someone give me comments about quality of picture they give separately.
All of them are from cine projectors
1.sankor anamorphic adapter -B od 50-500
2.cinemascope projector attachment I yr 5767
Bausch & Lomp optical CO Rochester,N.Y. USA
3. Rathenower optishhe werke Rectimascop IV 64/2x
p61282 od 10-150 m
4. optical
5.Isco-Gottingen Anamorphotic Kiptar 2x
6.Meopta Anagon 2x
7. France Puralscope

1. is useful with suitable clamp adapter, I see that uses often
2. heavy and old, not seen used so far
3. same
4. ???
5. modern, heavy lens, but very sharp. Not seen used so far
6. heavy and old, not seen used so far
7. unknown

Trying them all out certainly is an idea. I would keep #1
as it is not too heavy and can be used.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

au8ust wrote:
Hey, what lens you have?

that was shot using an ISCORAMA 2000 lens (Anamorphot and built in 1.8/50mm lens) on Nikon DSLR.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will you keep all of them, or will you sell some?
Cheers,
Timo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rathenower is a superb lens, I had one. However, it is huge and heavy so not very practical, you would need to build a support system to use it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Räbenfluch wrote:
Will you keep all of them, or will you sell some?
Cheers,
Timo

How would you interpret his sentence "My idea was to keep one for me and sell the rest." ?? Wink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One who is able to Read, has a great advantage... I think this is the german saying that fits into this One....Sry, I do Not have my Best day, I'm veeeeery tierd :p
Cheers,
The tired timo[/list]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happens to all of us at times - but the good news is that he WILL sell some !

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Sankor 16D (I think it is D, for sure the one with bigest tread on the beck form 16 serias - all are diference) but I think i about 52mm not to much. The lenses from this list are 63mm (except last one who is about 52, Anagon who is more than 62). I wonted to put this kind of anamorphic lens in front some of my lenses which have filter tread more than 52mm, or some wide lens without vignetting.
I have rig made for this, so just wonted to use it for video.
The sankor on this list is not the one 16d, the one from the list is big and have like the other lenses from the list.
By the way nice videos and photos!

I ll keep one of them the rest goes probably to ebay, i just wanted to keep best one for me Smile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I promise I will post some of the lenses

firs one is smaller then others simmilar to sankor 16d but i can't find any info about it

the rest of lenses is bigger