Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Also arrived from Germany a wonderful AGFA Silette LK Sensor
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Also arrived from Germany a wonderful AGFA Silette LK Sensor Reply with quote

This one makes me very happy!!
It was my favourite camera for 20 years, along the Konica C35V. I carried this one always loaded with AGFACHROME 50 and the Konica with B&W film. It came with me to the military army. Most of the pictures taken there were B&W with the AGFA (I was short on funds during that time, so no way of buying expensive slide film...).

It has not a rangefinder but I recall the photometer being quite accurate. At that time I used to estimate distance quite well, probably a lost hability...

it's in a wonderful good shape, (much better than was mine, that was getting some rust on the bottom side). I got it from eBay, from a german lady that found it at the house they bought recently. The deal included the house contents as well, and there it was the Agfa!.


#1 The camera itself


#2 Topside


#3 bottomside


#4 Front


#5 Even the original leather case is in good shape


The lightmeter seems to be okay, as the shutter...
Let's run a roll on it Smile

Jes.


PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Man! You have a pretty nice museum already ! Congrats! I look forward samples taken with this camera from your amazing country!


PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is exactly like the first 35 mm camera I ever used. Be careful not to damage the film transport system, it is kind of "soft" because of the strange mechanism.


PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
That is exactly like the first 35 mm camera I ever used. Be careful not to damage the film transport system, it is kind of "soft" because of the strange mechanism.


What a coincidence!!. I got this camera the first time when I was at the army, passing my military service (around 1972). I used it for fifteen years or so, until I got my first SLR (the Minolta X300 that I still keep). Then the Agfa was lost, and now I've found this nice one that seems to work perfectly. I recall very well the difficulties for loading the film Wink.. There are things one never forgets....

Do you keep yours?. Any samples taken with it?.
I'd love to see them...

Kind regards,
Jes.


PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is my older brother's camera. He still has it I think but the film transport or rewind mechanism is somehow damaged. I remember him trying to fix it around 1983. Then he moved up to Canon FD series.

I think the cogs and wheels of the film transport can be partly plastic? Or then we just used it so much ..

I remember there was this strange cover and spring system on top of the film spool that prevents you seeing if the is film really in place. Biggest problem was that there was no distance metering.


PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
It is my older brother's camera. He still has it I think but the film transport or rewind mechanism is somehow damaged. I remember him trying to fix it around 1983. Then he moved up to Canon FD series.

I think the cogs and wheels of the film transport can be partly plastic? Or then we just used it so much ..

I remember there was this strange cover and spring system on top of the film spool that prevents you seeing if the is film really in place. Biggest problem was that there was no distance metering.


Yes, the cover on the film spool was common in all the Agfas from then on. The secret is to load the film slowly at the beginning.
I solve the missing RF with an external russian one.

Jes.


PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I got one too!
5 at nearby flea market. Smile

Some problems although: 1/30 not good, shutter sticks open for a while. Also rewind transport not working (don't remember if there was some trick that prevents it working without film).

Now I must decide if to keep it as summer (1/60 and more) b&w (I'll just rip the film off in darkroom) camera or try to repait it.

edit: hmm .. your Agfa-logo is different

Looks mint:



PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great Jes, you bring back something from your 1972, hope it make you feel younger Very Happy


PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
great Jes, you bring back something from your 1972, hope it make you feel younger Very Happy


Wink... I need that... This year I'll be sixty. Sad

Regards.
Jes.


PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
Now I got one too!
5 at nearby flea market. Smile

Some problems although: 1/30 not good, shutter sticks open for a while. Also rewind transport not working (don't remember if there was some trick that prevents it working without film).

Now I must decide if to keep it as summer (1/60 and more) b&w (I'll just rip the film off in darkroom) camera or try to repait it.

edit: hmm .. your Agfa-logo is different



Yes, the logo is different...
Mine seems to work, the shutter fires, but the loading mechanism not. Film seems not to be wound inside the internal spool. I cannot recall how to open the spool cover. I recall that happening on my first one as well.
Let me investigate a little.

If I recall properly, the rewind mechanism was the small black lever below the lens on the front side, has to be pushed in and up. Then a small button pops from downside and the advance lever works in reverse mode, pulling the film back to the canister.

This afternoon I begin holidays, I hope to have some spare time for it. Wink

Regards.
Jes.


PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that brings the era back for me is that orange shutter button. That really sums up the 60s/70s transition in design.

I'm really happy for the two of you - I never did use an Agfa - I suppose I'd have to hunt down a what? for the first "real" camera? A Pen FT.


PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
Now I got one too!
5 � at nearby flea market. Smile

Some problems although: 1/30 not good, shutter sticks open for a while. Also rewind transport not working (don't remember if there was some trick that prevents it working without film).

Now I must decide if to keep it as summer (1/60 and more) b&w (I'll just rip the film off in darkroom) camera or try to repait it.

edit: hmm .. your Agfa-logo is different

Looks mint:




Hi,

After many years, I hope to find someone kind enough to answer some questions.

I recently got an Agfa Silette Lk Sensor. I managed to clean the shutter blades, now is working fine, no sticky rings.

I have a problem though, the rewind seems not to work. When I push the front little R lever, the tiny nob pops out like it should do, after I use the main back wind lever once (for rewind), counter counts backwards as it should do, but the lever just blockes, exactly like when taking pictures: you pull the wind lever, not press the shutter button, and you want to pull it again. Same result.

Is there any solution to fix this problem? I asume I understood corectly how to use the rewind.


Thank you!


PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALL wrote:

I recently got an Agfa Silette Lk Sensor. I managed to clean the shutter blades, now is working fine, no sticky rings.

I have a problem though, the rewind seems not to work. When I push the front little R lever, the tiny nob pops out like it should do, after I use the main back wind lever once (for rewind), counter counts backwards as it should do, but the lever just blockes, exactly like when taking pictures: you pull the wind lever, not press the shutter button, and you want to pull it again. Same result.

Is there any solution to fix this problem? I asume I understood corectly how to use the rewind.


Thank you!


It is relatively easy to open the bottom plate, then you see if the tiny brass cogs are in the right place. If they have somehow distorted you have to get the film out in a darkroom / changing bag and forget rewind. I do not know if it is fixable.


PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply @kansalliskala!

Is there any trick to take off the bottom plate? I unscrewed the three screws but something (I guess the wind lever) does not allow me to take off the bottom plate.


PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:


It is relatively easy to open the bottom plate, then you see if the tiny brass cogs are in the right place. If they have somehow distorted you have to get the film out in a darkroom / changing bag and forget rewind. I do not know if it is fixable.


Any advice for what I asked before?

Thanks!


PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALL wrote:
kansalliskala wrote:


It is relatively easy to open the bottom plate, then you see if the tiny brass cogs are in the right place. If they have somehow distorted you have to get the film out in a darkroom / changing bag and forget rewind. I do not know if it is fixable.


Any advice for what I asked before?

Thanks!


Sorry, I did not see that question.

The winding lever can be remover. The small circle with two holes is a screw, do not remember if it is right or left handed?


PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anti-clockwise screw, you can open with some pin

#1