Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

alabama snow meets pentax sp1000
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:56 am    Post subject: alabama snow meets pentax sp1000 Reply with quote

bw400cn, walgreens processing, scanning.

super tak 55/f2, snow on confederate rose hulls:

vivitar 135/f.28, loblolly pines:

vivitar 135/2.8, female cardinal, shot through my front window:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walmart obviously isn't familiar with B&W, so it has coloured them all. Here's the desaturated version of the first one:

I'm glad it wasn't my eyes seeing colours that weren't there Smile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the second one. The color tone gives it something extra, in this case.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow. i had no idea. how do you do that?

since bw400cn is c-41 processing, does the walgreens scanner computer do that? or processor?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I've never even seen a Walmart, let alone used one, I really don't know what they did. The image they supplied is in RGB mode, which might be useful to you (I'm not sure), but the colours aren't balanced properly to give grey. The top one almost has a sepia tint.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is walgreens, which is a super drug store that offers one-hour c-41 processing. walmart does not process any more. anyhow, can the desaturation be done on photoshop or some other accessible program?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, in Photoshop, there are several ways. The simplest is to open the file, go to the image/adjustments menu and select "desaturate" (which is what I did). More complicated is the image/adjustments/channel mixer, where you can tick "monochrome" in the box that pops up and then adjust the intensity (or contrast) of the three different colour channels as desired - that is most useful for converting a proper colour image to B&W.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like picture #3 ... that snowy effect and bird on tree. Really good. Maybe with longer shot could be...doesn't affect image quality.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, and thanks for the tip, paulc ...