Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

AKA mount schneider xenagon 35mm 3.5 on a7rii
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:13 pm    Post subject: AKA mount schneider xenagon 35mm 3.5 on a7rii Reply with quote

Got one of these petite gems to try on my new DIY adapter (AKA to m42).

A few shots:
Wide open focused on trees in middle. Vignettes noticeably. Soft corners. Not a great choice for landscape unless you are trying for that vintage look.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice ones! All a bit on the dark side - deliberately done like this?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Somewhat. I like the color to pop out of the dark background. But a lot of it is when the light hits these flowers the backgrounds are just dark so I go with it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice images!

is this the lens?

Best,

Paul

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the one. Smaller even than the meyer m42 helioplan. With the nex m42 close and 12mm helical plus the lens helical I can focuu to just a few inches.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Splendid results from this tiny lens. I feel sorry for selling it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slight blurring at the edges and a little vignetting wouldn't be a problem in the 1950s. Most pics were printed postcard size max. Its a lovely lens and I have mine fitted to my Akarelle all the time.