Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Aires Reflex
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Aires Reflex Reply with quote

Just arrived a nice looking and AFAIK now fully functional Aires Reflex TLR. Shutter Siekosha MX 1 - 1/500 (old series 1/5, 1/10 etc.). No selftimer.
Rather sturdy impression (920 grs on my kitchen scales).
Taking lens Aires Coral 75mm 3.5 (Cooke triplet). Above it an Aires Viewer 75mm 3.5.
Transport automated (no red window), shutter cocking separated. Kind of Rolleicord look alike.
Anyone experience with one like that?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, post a pic of it, please. Smile I thought it might be a 35mm, but 120, wow!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting cameras, main fame is that some of them used Nikkor or Zuiko lenses... My flickr friend patricjoust has one with the Nikkor. A quick look at flickr for the coral lens shows some interesting results...

I'd love to see pics of and with!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The camera looks very good and the glass is clear. But the camera did not know enough use, I think, to work without getting a bit out of condition.
So not really ready for normal use.

I have no manual and the loading and transport of film is somewhat tricky.
The framecounter doesn't reset correctly, so the transport doesn't pick the standard turning to get the first picture properly in the frame.
The movement of the focusing front is not exactly OK as it reaches infinity, just the last bit is a bit wobbly.

The Coral lens was the cheapest mounted lens. The better lenses were Zuiko and Nikkor. But now I have seen some samples on Flickr, I belief the Coral is good enough for me.
However it needs some work I will try a film, guessing the first frame. Sad
I don't think I paid too much. On Marktplaats here people dare to ask € 175 for a Yashica C from the same era, without even a clear warranty that it works 100%. I paid for this unusual, curiosity evoking toy € 25, so I don't have to be ashamed to have some additional work. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my attempt to use a first film the resetter of the filmcounter came halfway to ordinary life. Not bad after a sleeping period of at least 20 years. So I hope that next film wil go the right way. If so, an easy fix! Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Minolfan, looking forward to the first pictures!