Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Admiral MC 28mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Admiral MC 28mm f2.8 Reply with quote

I got that lens cheap, for intention to have some fun and learn new skills, trying it to converte it from minolta MD to canon EF mount. Well, the conversion worked out perfectly, the new mount it's not the most beautiful when it is not on the camera, but perfect when on camera (I use 350D) Smile The material from the old mount wasn't cut out to a perfect distance so I needed to set infinity focus also. In the end I was quite amazed with the results. It's not the most contrasty lens, but it is sharp for brand like admiral. Built quality feels very solid and well-built.

the lens

full image f2.8

center crop, left f5.6, right f2.8

corner crop, left f5.6, right f2.8

stars (point sources) are an object where many lenses fail wide open. this is 100% corner crop, jupiter the is bright one, the shift is due to earth rotation.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another photo with this lens @2.8, some PP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a Makinon lens, I had one branded Makinon.