Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ADAPTING X-FUJINON TO NEX
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:28 am    Post subject: ADAPTING X-FUJINON TO NEX Reply with quote

I have a nice X-Fujinon 50/1.9 up on eBay [my ID: r*m] and I have received questions about adapting it to other mounts. Someone here documented modifying a (Rollei) QBM-EOS adapter, to mount it onto a Canon dSLR.

Then there is this question, and my answer:

Q: Can i use this lens without adapter for sony nex? Should i buy it?

A: Hi: Of COURSE you should buy it!! Smile But no, it won't work without an adapter. I see no off-the-shelf X-Fuji-to-NEX adapters, so you would need to build one. Here's how I would do it the cheap way:

1) Get an old M42-to-T2-mount adapter. Loosen the set screws and remove the inner liner. The outer portion can now be tightened onto the X-Fuji bayonet.

2) Put an M42-to-NEX adapter on the camera or, more cheaply, get a plastic NEX body cap and drill a 41mm+ hole in it.

3) Get a cheap set of M42 macro tubes. Screw the shortest tube into the hole in the body cap. Screw the M42-T2-adapted lens into the other end of that tube. Presto!

The trick is that the distance from the original X-Fuji lens base to the NEX mount must be about 25mm. The M42-T2 piece is 10mm thick. The body cap is probably 3mm thick. The shortest M42 tubes are 12mm thick. 10+3+12= 25mm. Presto!

And if you don't feel comfortable with this sort of work, then NO, you should not buy the lens. Thanks for asking!

My question here is: Does that sound right?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm far from being an expert of mounts, but i would say that it should work ...

At least, i have already tested the T2 trick to adapt lenses on my K10D. It didn't always work because of different issues (ex.: a Soligor 35/2 in FD mount, too wide to fit in the outer portion of the adapter without removing the collar) but it perfectly fitted my Soligor 350 ...

And for the other adapters to cascade, the count seems to be right ...

Anyone more experienced here ?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: ADAPTING X-FUJINON TO NEX Reply with quote

RioRico wrote:

1) Get an old M42-to-T2-mount adapter. Loosen the set screws and remove the inner liner. The outer portion can now be tightened onto the X-Fuji bayonet.

If this is true, it should work.
The only thing is that the body caps do not hold as fast to the body as an adapter does.