Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Adaptersa again...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: Adaptersa again... Reply with quote

Hi all, the ongoing Q&A session that is adapters continues,I've seen many different (same?) models from many different (same?) manufacturers but is anyone able to convincingly state that one maker is consistently good? I understand Novoflex are generally considered about the best but are there any real discrepancies between that and Hong Kong imports or would you think/assume/know that QC will be the victim and as a rule, the more you pay the more you get?
I've heard good and bad about Fotodiox and the cheap Asian models alike, is there no way of knowing with assurance which is a good option? I'm erring towards Novoflex because I use expensive prime lenses and want pain free use but am I really missing out on a good deal and saving a great deal by doing this? Fotodiox and Rayqual will incur import duties etc,Novoflex and the cheap Asian ones not.
The thing is, I don't want to have to mess around with faulty goods and returning them in case of failure, nor do I want to risk lens/camera mount damage. Am I being too paranoid?
FWIW I'm looking for Canon FD and Nikon Ai(s) lenses. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Steve

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My adapters- the best is Fotga, next Fotodiox, and worst - but not complete rubbish, just not as as good - are Pixco.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
My adapters- the best is Fotga, next Fotodiox, and worst - but not complete rubbish, just not as as good - are Pixco.

+1

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All my NEX adapters are from big_is. No problems whatsoever with the quality and real cheap. Quite fast delivery.

EDIT: Actually all but two, which are from Fotga, and not too good. An MD adapter whose lens lock slips out and an L39 with a slippy mount that won't tighten up. I've used them as a base for my own adapters.

Last edited by philslizzy on Wed May 01, 2013 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
All my adapters are fromm big_is. No problems whatsoever with the quality and real cheap.

+1