Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Adapter help for pre-AI Nikkors on 5D
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Adapter help for pre-AI Nikkors on 5D Reply with quote

I just got the adapter I bought off ebay to mount my Nikkor lenses on the 5D, which looks like this one (aka Cinevate adapter)

And I had a nasty surprise: none of my lenses mount on it. The pre-AI lenses have an aperture ring that protrudes at the bottom, and the lens cannot get deep enough into the adpater to lock. I tried one of my girlfriend's AI lenses (a 28/3.5) and it locks perfectly, though the adapter/lens assembly does not go on the 5D as I guess it hits the mirror.

So, what adapter shall I get to use my pre-AIs on the 5D?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you have the AIS adapter. My non-AI adapter from kawaphoto on ebaY mounts my non-AI lenses fine; AIS lens mounts a little loosely.

No 5D1 mirror hit with non-AI 2/35, non-AI 1.8/50, AIS 3.5/55 macro, or non-AI Q 4/200.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I solved the issue: the "rabbit ears" were colliding with the adapter collar, so I ground it out on the side were the ears are. Result: pre-AI compatibility. Smile

I still have to try mounting the 50/1.4 which has a huge internal light baffle, I hope I won't have to grind it.