Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Adapter for Konica Hexanon lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Adapter for Konica Hexanon lenses Reply with quote

When I saw Jesitos pics with the 2.8/35 Hexanon

http://forum.mflenses.com/in-depth-testing-of-the-hexanon-35mm-f-2-8-on-the-e-p1-t37150.html#1116359
(very nice images)

I have the following question. Are there other adapters available for Konica Hexanon lenses than for m4/3 or Sony Nex3/5 ?

Searching at *bay I found only these 2 versions ?

Thanks for your assistance.

Wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO. Register distance is very short.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
NO. Register distance is very short.

Konica made adapters for Nikon, Exakta, M42 they had opposite strategy than Nikon had who made longest register distance body.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Attila. Found these adapters too but hoped to find one for example for 4/3 (not m4/3)

Wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
Thanks for the info Attila. Found these adapters too but hoped to find one for example for 4/3 (not m4/3)

Wink

I have 5 pcs spacer which is need for conversion from Konica AR to 4/3.

Register difference is little ~ 1mm, need to butcher Konica lenses and use spacer to use them well on 4/3. I bought them , but I couldn't make it instead of butcher my lenses I did wait for m4/3. If you need these spacers let me know.

I bought this.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cledry/5128327787/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf,

Even if there are no adapters for other mounts, (as Attila properly said) you can easily mount the Hexanon lenses on 4/3 cameras, simply by removing the protruding lever from the lenses and adding a toroidal joint, so all the Olympus and Pansonic DSLrs can use them.

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a lot of fine Hexanon lenses bought the last years.

But I use these lenses not anymore due to the not balanced situation between lens and cam. With other words, a GF1 or a Olympus Exxx or a Sony Nex/x are to lightweight for the lenses.

Thats why I asked. Maybe a Olympus 4/3 DSLR would be a good idea.

Thanks for the tip Jes. Did you managed this? Is there a pic available about what you have done ?

Wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
I have a lot of fine Hexanon lenses bought the last years.
But I use these lenses not anymore due to the not balanced situation between lens and cam. With other words, a GF1 or a Olympus Exxx or a Sony Nex/x are to lightweight for the lenses.
Thats why I asked. Maybe a Olympus 4/3 DSLR would be a good idea.
..................................... Wink

+1.
Me too, I'd love to use my Hexanons on my Panny DMC-L1, however the available solution with the slight (?) butchering and the spacer is not appealing to me. The short register may have been good for Konica in its days but not convenient at all for 4/3.