Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Adaptall 2 44A cover
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Adaptall 2 44A cover Reply with quote

I recently picked up an old Adaptall 2 44A (28-70mm f/3.5) on eBay. The lens was decent, largely as described. I like it overall.

But undisclosed in the auction posting my lens is missing one of two of the tiny covers at the front of the focus ring. These covers are roughly 7mm square and thin. My best understanding is that they must be removed in order to facilitate lens disassembly. I think that's their purpose.

Anyway, I have two questions:

* Is the missing cover a big deal? Does it significantly diminish the value of the lens, which otherwise is complete and in nice shape?

* Is there a place I can buy one of these covers for such an old lens? Only option I can think of is purchase of another entire lens, perhaps one being sold for parts. But this seems rather an extreme measure just to acquire a single tiny cover.

To be honest, had the seller revealed the missing cover I might have bid on the lens anyway. I don't really know what I would have done. But I am unhappy the problem was not revealed prior to my having bid on the auction. The seller is not responding to my inquiry, so it appears I am now stuck with the problem. And shipping cost exceeded lens cost. So return is not a practical option.