Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Accura Supertel TC 135/28
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:54 am    Post subject: Accura Supertel TC 135/28 Reply with quote

This is a nice-looking Japanese pre-set "zebra" style T2-mount lens, of an anonymous make, as was common. Accura was a Japanese distibutors brand I believe. I am sure this was a cheap lens in 1965, and they are common and cheap today, I think there are several on ebay.

Why have I always liked this lens ?

1. It is small and light, smaller and lighter than my Takumar 135/3.5, and it still manages to be a 2.8. Part of that is because it doesn't have the auto mechanism of course, and it probably isn't as tough as the Takumars, but still.

2. Its focusing mechanism is wonderful, its almost Takumar-class light and smooth.

3. Its a T2. I could use it on anything, in their day even on my Exaktas.

4. It looks good !

This thing is a survivor. Its been dropped more than once, been rained on, it has a slightly bent filter ring (more or less fixed), scratches on the glass, etc. But it is still going.

Some recent shots from this -

Note: If you understand about llamas, you will appreciate that this was a dangerous position !

How sharp is it ? I have no way to tell, objectively. Maybe it isn't anything special. But more important than being sharp is that it is easy to handle and focus quickly, and a lot more pictures are missed because of bad focus than from a bad lens.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definetly a good one , nice samples from a beautiful lens.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:53 am    Post subject: accura supertel Reply with quote

Might this be a Fujita? I had one many years ago. Had the zebra thing too. Nice shots too.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting information and great pics. I'm currently in the market for a good (and my first) 135, and this shall be in my list of potential buys Wink

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Luis!!

Well, your pics are so. . . .beautifull.

I know something about llamas and guanacos. Are a lot of them in the north of Argentina (Argentine- bolivian zone).

Are famous because they expel their saliba (much amount) with much power on whom is close. Also they can bite.

Their wool is appreciated in the preparation of sweters and clothes of winter time. From each one usually remove near 2 kg of wool per year. Their meat is not very required, is consumed very little .

Rino.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks the same as the Mayfair Sankor...