Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

About 200mm f3,3s
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phalbert wrote:
Here is another example of what could be the second (improved) version of the makinon, with a high serial number. 62mm filter ring and similar to the prinzflex.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tele-Lens-M-42-Thread-3-3-200-MM-Presenta-Car-Mc-62-Telephoto-Lens-M42/384301404087?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&fromMakeTrack=true&pageci=73ca1b0b-523b-4b00-a135-48726c689192&redirect=mobile

Looks exactly like my Prinzflex
Prinzflex Auto MC 1:3.3 200mm by The lens profile, on Flickr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phalbert wrote:
Hi Lightshow. That's quite a find indeed. But very much collectible. It is doubtfull they improved the optics just for this version. Who knows how many - or how few - of these have been made? 🤔 It's the Cimko version which by now I believe to be the better one anyway. One more version. Thanks a lot for the addition.

Glad to help.
I would guess a few hundred Navy versions, possibly less than 500. And probably a thousand of the non Navy versions.(based on previous versions)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 Exactly. How is it performing WO? I would expect it to be a later better version of the 67mm version. Maybe as good or better than the cimko?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phalbert wrote:
D1N0 Exactly. How is it performing WO? I would expect it to be a later better version of the 67mm version. Maybe as good or better than the cimko?

I hope the 67mm ones are better..
stopping down. by The lens profile, on Flickr

Don't mind the warp, that is due to electronic shutter and IBIS.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Reviving an old thread.
I think I found another version of this from-us-well-loved-weird-3.3 lens.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255784279799

So we have the cimko which might be the best bet,

And then in fact 4 different makina made: (mostly but not only found as Makinon or Hanimex)
- The one with the xtra "macro" ring, which doesn't have a very good reputation
- Based on the serial numbers, a first 67mm filter threaded version like the one in the link above. Markings are around the front element. The 3,3 and 22 on the aperture ring are larger than the other settings.
- a second 67mm version with a slightly thicker focusing ring. Serial number is higher. All the aperture settings have the same size. The markings are around the hood, on the outside, not around front element. Given the change in diameter of the lens, one could assume that the optical scheme is different.
- The last, slimmer version with a 62mm thread and even higher serial number, so maybe the last, most recent and maybe better version. (not to be confused with the cimko which also has a 62mm thread) That version seems to be much less common than the others.
I'm looking for that one in NAI mount...
That doesn't change the fact that if you stumble on an opportunity for one of these, try it out first.
Thanks for reading.
That's all folks! 🐰