Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A Tale of Two Trioplans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:27 am    Post subject: A Tale of Two Trioplans Reply with quote

Picking up on a recent thread on the 125mm f/4.5 Trioplan. Here are some examples shot recently on both the 125mm f/4.5 and the well loved 100mm f/2.8 Trioplans. This is a totally unscientific comparison of both lenses. More photos are provided for the 125mm, since the performance of the 100mm is well know. Identical minor adjustments to exposure and contrast were made to the images from both lenses in camera raw. All shots were made at the lens' widest aperture (f/2.8 for the 100 and f/4.5 for the 125).

Except for the minor variation in focal length and depth of field, I found the sharpness, contrast and color rendering to be close for both lenses. Both lenses produced bubble bokeh, a bit more so on the 100mm - due i think to its larger aperture. I thought the bokeh in the 100m tend to swirl more as well.

Enjoy,

Paul

First the two lenses: 100mm on the left and 125mm on the right.

Now the pics from the 125mm:

...and now from the 100mm f/2.8: