Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A shorter trip and a rant
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: A shorter trip and a rant Reply with quote

I took another short trip to the woods, and this what came out apparently.
Starting to get fed up with the weather here. Just because we call ourselves photographers and carry around fancy gear does not make us able to break the rules. We can bend them a little with some practice, but we can't break them. Don't get me wrong, when photographing landscapes bad weather can be really cool, but this weather is unison 18% grey that sucks all color and contrast out of anything it touches with sporadic rain that gets your gear wet. And it never ends!.

I know, I know, the shots are still out there. I'm just whining. But I just spent 6 months of the year where the sun never rises, and now the clouds are so thick and grey I have to shoot at iso 3200 with my MR-telyt and it's still at a lower shutterspeed than I would want. I need sun G'damnit!
Sad

Anyway, here are some photos. C&C welcome.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: You have my sympathy... Reply with quote

From what you are saying your location is Skandinavian?

At least you can say you tried hard and had a couple of quite good results.

We in Euro/Skandia must get used to a permanent change in our weather, it is really the greyest summer of my life in Europe!

That said, at the moment I am not able to easily access nice views as this part of the U.K. is not very inspiring at all, even in good weather!

Rolling Eyes

Andreas

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: You have my sympathy... Reply with quote

Auswanderer wrote:
From what you are saying your location is Skandinavian?

At least you can say you tried hard and had a couple of quite good results.

We in Euro/Skandia must get used to a permanent change in our weather, it is really the greyest summer of my life in Europe!

That said, at the moment I am not able to easily access nice views as this part of the U.K. is not very inspiring at all, even in good weather!

Rolling Eyes

Andreas

It's easy to get "home blind", I think UK has some wonderful vistas, even tho the greyest british summer ever is saying alot Smile
I grew up in the woods up here, I find them less inspiring than many who would travel here. I am rather sad that I did not manage to convey the scale like I wanted, as the waterfall is atleast 12 meters high. You live and you learn, next time I'll try to put something interesting in the foreground aswell. I did take a few shots where I strobed the sh*t out of a bush in the foreground, but they ended up looking very unnatural. Tho strobing a waterfall makes for some interesting effects.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got around to compiling the panorama I took, it's closer to what I was going for, but not quite there.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the water fall pics but the bokeh of the flower pics is disturbing, especially #9. Wish we had your problem with the rain.