Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A handful of photos from this past week
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:55 am    Post subject: A handful of photos from this past week Reply with quote

I wasn't super-pleased by anything that I shot last week, but here are a few okay results.

In focus and from a closer vantage, this may have been a great shot.

Huntington Park Fountain

Not totally unhappy with this shot.

Probably my best shot last week.

An unhappy clerk approached me after snapping this one. Not really worth being kicked out of a store for this shot.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm... #1 is the best photo, but you missed the focus somewhat. You could try to make it still dreamier by softening the edges more. Maybe #5 (The black man) is techically the best shot, but at least on my monitor it´s too contrasty for my taste.

I like #4 with pebbles, but you could try a little (or lot Smile ) contrastier version, to make the pebbles glisten.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, on my work monitor #4 is also contrastier than at home. The negatives on that roll were all pretty contrasty. Those were taken with a Canon AE-1, 50mm FD Canon lens, Ilford PANF 50 and, for some unknown reason, a red filter. What the heck was I thinking putting a red filter in front of PANF 50?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the two landscapes.

I know what you mean about the first shot. A couple of steps to the right and a couple of steps forward and bingo!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the 2nd pic is the standout for me. Great articulation and lovely OOF. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why, what was the last one? Smile

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The inside of a cake tin. Literally, it's not even exclusive to the store (most of their stock is.) I could have gotten the same exact tin (for much less) at Target, Crate & Barrel, Sears, etc.