Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A 50 f1.4 lens for Pentax dslr?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

William wrote:

It is not just focus peaking, it is mainly that having a permanent live view of the scene always shows the DOF of whatever the lens is stopped down to (or not in the case of wide open.) The display will also not dim as a viewfinder does when stopped down if the shutter speed for the right exposure is entered.

+1 on how helpful the LiveView display is on mirrorless cameras. I always thought I needed an optical viewfinder before getting and using an EPL2 camera. Now my DSLRs feel a bit obsolete.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurentiu Cristofor wrote:
William wrote:

It is not just focus peaking, it is mainly that having a permanent live view of the scene always shows the DOF of whatever the lens is stopped down to (or not in the case of wide open.) The display will also not dim as a viewfinder does when stopped down if the shutter speed for the right exposure is entered.

+1 on how helpful the LiveView display is on mirrorless cameras. I always thought I needed an optical viewfinder before getting and using an EPL2 camera. Now my DSLRs feel a bit obsolete.

You can probably get all the best from the both worlds with Sony's SLT cameras.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's also Ricoh Rikenon-P 50/1.4, a newer and better lens compared to the already recommended XR Rikenon. Better as in much better coatings and revised optical construction (same number of elements but front/rear lenses are of different sizes compared to the XR version). Drawbacks - plastic aperture selection ring and the infamous "Ricoh pin" that may get your lens stuck on an AF Pentax body. However, that Ricoh pin can be easily removed (a 3 minute job).

Compared to SMC Pentax-M 50/1.4, this lens is about as sharp; slightly warmer colors compared to neutral/slightly cool colors of SMC Pentax-M; slightly less contrast (you can't argue with SMC coatings, they were among the very best in its time).

I'm considering selling mine (a pristine copy with Ricoh pin already reversed), you can PM me if interested. Or you can get one from eBay, they go in the $60-110 range depending on the condition.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aoleg wrote:
There's also Ricoh Rikenon-P 50/1.4, a newer and better lens compared to the already recommended XR Rikenon. Better as in much better coatings and revised optical construction (same number of elements but front/rear lenses are of different sizes compared to the XR version). Drawbacks - plastic aperture selection ring and the infamous "Ricoh pin" that may get your lens stuck on an AF Pentax body. However, that Ricoh pin can be easily removed (a 3 minute job).

Compared to SMC Pentax-M 50/1.4, this lens is about as sharp; slightly warmer colors compared to neutral/slightly cool colors of SMC Pentax-M; slightly less contrast (you can't argue with SMC coatings, they were among the very best in its time).

I'm considering selling mine (a pristine copy with Ricoh pin already reversed), you can PM me if interested. Or you can get one from eBay, they go in the $60-110 range depending on the condition.

Interesting. Do you have any links or test photos comparing them side by side? I mean P and XR version.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
Interesting. Do you have any links or test photos comparing them side by side? I mean P and XR version.

Not yet. It interests me as well, and I've been planning to do it since I got the XR version (mine is branded Sears, but it's the same lens with a different badge), but it's cloudy (and rainy) most of the time.