Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

5DMKII price question
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: 5DMKII price question Reply with quote

Does anyone know price of 5DmkII at Hong Kong streets?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a few seconds I was astonished by the opportunity, man I can win a 5DmkII answering a question.

" Price " would be the proper word.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've amended the typo to save further confusion.

I hope the OP doesn't mind.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pardon my rally-English. Somehow it sounded correct, sorry.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZeiEizh wrote:

No need to apologise. I can only speak one language.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZeiEizh wrote:

Nothing to worry about.
I make a lot of errors, worse than that.
Yours was simply funny Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a fishing trip to Kiwi-land and I have a two days stop at HK, that's why I'm asking.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go..

HK$18,300

http://www.fortress.com.hk/fortress/jsp/sys/Sf_render.jsp?hf_s_id=FT11&hf_srv_id=Pv_fpdt_dtl&hf_rand=1548607700&hs_from_srv_id=Pv_fpdt_srch&hs_srch_keywd=5D&hs_pdt_id=ACNOEOS5DMARKIIB

Price Range: HK$18800 - HK$22900

http://www.shopcite.com/ComparePrices.jsp?lang=eng&usid=090725304166&comp_price_id=PD10008261&tabNo=1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I bought a fishing trip to Kiwi-land

Lucky you!! I hope we see some photos...and photo gear from what I have seen listed on the internet,the prices are not cheap in NZ...way over priced(in shop may be different)....I have to ask what part of NZ are you going to?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: 5DMKII price question Reply with quote

ZeiEizh wrote:
Does anyone know price of 5DmkII at Hong Kong streets?

Check the link out, it has helped me in the past and is reasonably accurate. The 5D II is HKD 16700 as on 3rd September. The shop is Tin Cheung in TST.

http://www.ygdragon.net/index.php?page=photo/cameraprice.htm

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys. It's about 1550€, when I can buy it from here from 1850€. Warranty is another thing...

We are going to be there a month. Both Islands will be conquered. Laughing
Flights to NZ from here Helsinki, is pretty... intresting.
Laughing

Photos will be seen, do not worry. Hope you don't get fed up with them. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can never get enough of NZ...will you drive yourself?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we'll rent a shitty car and wonder around.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch the NZ "law" of pulling over to the left to let the faster car over take you...it is a mad thing on NZ's little country roads...so many head ons (front end smashes)!...I went about 2 years ago with my family and we did the ferry trip between the islands and hired a car and drove a road from Picton to Titarangi bay a short road trip but VERY winding road...and a dirt road at the end...but the views are stunning....it is where the Russian cruise ship went down so if you dive it may be well worth the visit!

http://travelingluck.com/Oceana/New%20Zealand/New%20Zealand%20%28general%29/_2181062_Titirangi%20Bay.html#local_map
There are camping grounds here.The bay on the right is where the Russian boat is located.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, a big moral question follows.
Price is ~1550€ without beating down the price and I can buy from Holland from 1750€. Dilemma is, that bodies bought from HK don't have a international warranty. If something happens, I have to send it to HK, which case I may never see it again. Or I can repair it by cash, sounds cheap already?
How much I can haggle the price down or should I just forget it and spend money to international warranty. Of course that's just a relation of my greediness and wisdom?

Sorry about those Cs, I couldn't help myself. Laughing