Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

5D with Cooke Aviar at f/11
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: 5D with Cooke Aviar at f/11 Reply with quote

The day has been mostly quite dull, but I decided to get a few test shots at f/11, also focused at f/11, 5D set at ISO 500. First a few bokeh test shots from the Botanical Garden mostly at 1/100s, no flowers yet, however. (Black point adjusted)

(a slightly sharpened full-size copy: http://galactinus.net/vilva/retro/aviar_bot_files/av9733s.jpg)

(a slightly sharpened full-size copy: http://galactinus.net/vilva/retro/aviar_bot_files/av9739s.jpg)

Three street scenes, no sunshine Sad

(The distance to the white building at the end of the street is about 650 m.)

and finally, two crops from the Cathedral:

(The distance between the statue and the clock face is more than 10 m.)

(The pigeon is inspecting Senate Square from the top of the stairs in front of the Cathedral.)

Veijo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first shots are really nice. (But Veijo, you should clean your sensor, mate.)

What is that in this picture?

Looks like JPG artefacts...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a big ass clock to me Carsten.... Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
The first shots are really nice. (But Veijo, you should clean your sensor, mate.)

Thanks Smile I know, I know, I ought to clean the sensor. The trouble is, I also ought to clean the focusing screen, which seems to accumulate more and more of the dust I blow off the sensor Sad -- the bane of the 5D.

What is that in this picture?

Looks like JPG artefacts...[/quote]

Maybe, I was lazy and cropped from a JPEG. Here is a better crop taken from another RAW file which was partially overexposed (NB. the adjustments aren't exactly the same, of course.)

Now we also have somewhat less noise.

Veijo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, that is very good indeed. There is a very 3-dimensional quality to that lens.

What resolution are you using ?

And you have a very pretty city by the way. That is Helsinki ?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
You know, that is very good indeed. There is a very 3-dimensional quality to that lens.

What resolution are you using ?

The full 12 Mp resolution of the 5D -- there are two full size photos linked below the respective down-sampled versions.

Quote:
And you have a very pretty city by the way. That is Helsinki ?

Yes, Helsinki. Well, some parts of it are still reasonably pretty, only partially spoiled, but others are just as ugly as almost anywhere else.

Veijo