Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

50mm Penatx-M 1.7 SMC (From RAW)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: 50mm Penatx-M 1.7 SMC (From RAW) Reply with quote

I've been trying to get better with my RAW files. I was in the yard and shot these pics.

5.6 I think

Cropped a bit.

Last edited by spiralcity on Fri May 08, 2009 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet, a very smooth background...it also helps that the colours are not really satured.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's great you are using RAW Smile
You will find you can really squeaze ever last drop out of the lens sensor combo.

I think if you just edge up the black point here you will recover some tighter edges that reducing and uploading take away.
Try it .........I could be wrong.
The lens is very smooth huh?

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great results spiral!
I like the spiral geometry on the heart and the dreamy bokeh

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for taking a look.
RAW is really the only way to control vibrant colors. I just have to keep practicing with my files. Smile

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lab mode in photoshop. Add a curves adjustment and edit the A/B channel curve by dragging the lowest and highest point towards the middle. If you change the lower end, compensate with the higher, so that the curve stays a straight line thru the middle.

Thats a nice way to get REALLY vibrant colours. Smile

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick try to demonstrate. Right half edited with a quick curves adjustment in lab. Obviously not as good as youll get with a fullsize profoto 16 bit. But should illustrate a bit.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try getting those results quickly with a jpeg to start. Personally I think the jpeg believers should take a close look at what comes out of RAW files in the hands of someone who has some experience

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Try getting those results quickly with a jpeg to start. Personally I think the jpeg believers should take a close look at what comes out of RAW files in the hands of someone who has some experience

patrickh

Im trying patrichh, Im pretty new to the digital process. Shocked Smile

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are doing really well - it's not actually any easier than a photolab, just smells less and is less messy. Smile Smile Smile

patrickh