Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

35mm cameras with changeable back.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Agfa Isomat Rapid rangefinder. That uses a cassette to cassette
system. Just like the one in this link.
http://uts.cc.utexas.edu/~ifex534/cameras/isomat.html

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Agfa Rapid system transported the short film from one cassette no another, but only for ease of use, not to create a possibility to change the film easily. The ISO setting was mechanically automated too for the holiday shooter.
I sometimes use a Yashica half 17 Rapid with this system. No ideas about take the film out halfway and put another in.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trev wrote:
Just a thought ----- what about a digital camera?? Take whatever pictures you want and then alter them afterwards in photoshop or whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't like the easy way Very Happy .

2nd Problem I do like watching slides which my DSLR can't deliver. Taking a DSLR and an film camera would be the same than taking two film bodies.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
It was mentioned earlier that 135 backs were made for the Mamiya 645. It's worth noting also that they were made for the Bronica ETR-series and SQ-series. The Bronica ETR is a compact camera, scarcely bigger than your average sized 35mm SLR. I recently won an ETR-Si at an eBay auction -- camera, 80mm lens, prism, and two backs, for $132US. I picked up the Grip E shortly later for about $35, which really made things nice. Point is that this excellent camera, its lenses, and its accessories can be picked up for a small fraction of what they used to cost.

Given that the Rollei 3003 is still going for crazy prices -- Click here to see on Ebay, Click here to see on Ebay -- I'd say looking at cheap medium format outfits like the ETR-series is pretty much a no-brainer if you want to have interchangeable 35mm back capability.

I allready got a Bronica ETRS with 75mm and 150mm lens and two 120 backs. You are right it's a really nice camera and can be handled similar to a 35mm SLR although I don't have a prism finder. It is a compact medium format outfit and way better than my old Pentacon six but it is not as compact as a 35mm SLR. If I compare it to a Nikon F4s or Nikon F5 the difference isn't big but if I take a manual SLR like a Nikon F3 or a Leica RE the difference is obvious. And also the lenses are a lot bigger. If you put a standard Bronica outfit with Grip, two backs, 75mm, 150mm and 40mm (i am still looking for one of these) in your back and compare it with a 35mm outfit (Leica RE with 24mm, 50mm and 135mm) you will know what I mean.
I was also looking for a 135mm back for the Bronica but they are also sought after and tend to be more expensive than the body itself.

Nevertheless I packed my bag for a one week trip to Bavaria with the Bronica and my small Bessa R outfit ( I recently got the 15mm Heliar and I am looking forward to the slides with it).