Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

35mm camera for use with P6 lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: 35mm camera for use with P6 lenses Reply with quote

I have a set of Pentacon six lenses which I use my with canon DSLR and P6. Now I want to get a 35mm camera which can be adapted for use with those lenses. Initially I thought about M42 mount cameras, but after reading mixed reviews on their quality I started looking at other mounts. So far I am leaning towards Nikon F series - either FE3 or F3HP. Here is what I want:

1. Camera that can be adapted to use with P6 lenses. Adapters must already exist - I dont want to screw around with adapting it myself.

2. Has to have a built-in light meter and use non-mercury batteries. Aperture priority mode would be nice but not required.

3. Bright focus screen is a must - I am near sided Smile

Has anyone had experience with the Nikon F cameras or other 35mm cameras and P6 lenses?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

Due P6 lenses has lot longer register distance basically all 35mm camera able to use them with a single adapter and all of them maintenance infinity focus. One of the best pickup for you Fujica ST 701 why ? It has one of the brightest viewfinder, it has most popular M42 screw lens mount and it has built in reliable light meter and a dirt cheap camera on used market.

Surely many other options are available pick up any good 35mm camera what you like it and I am pretty sure you will find P adapter to use it or at least stacked adapters like Minolta body + Minolta M42 + M42 P6 adapter etc.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read about Fujica's and light small body and viewfinder are big pluses... but they require stop down metering - somewhat of a hassle. Or am I making a bid deal of it? Nikon's are attractive because of AV mode which speeds things up significantly. Then again they seem to go on ebay for at least 150 for body only.