Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

35/2s - Nikkor AI-S and MIR-24N
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: 35/2s - Nikkor AI-S and MIR-24N Reply with quote

Here are some sample shots from my 35mm f/2 lenses - which I incidentally acquired the same day.

Bokeh comparison at f/2 (camera on tripod)

Nikkor

MIR

Bokeh comparison at f/8:

Nikkor

MIR

Very similar results.

Outdoor shots:

Nikkor

MIR

The MIR is cooler.

Some notions:

The MIR seems have a wider field of view. It is also harder to focus, the Nikkor snaps to focus much easier. And for some reason, the MIR doesn´t convey the aperture information right. When set at f/2.8, camera reads it as f/2, f/4 as f/2.8 and so on.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the last couple of pics, the Mir seems colder (looking at the house)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for your comparison.
How much did you pay for these lenses?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks. I have the MIR and I've been thinking about the Nikkor. The Nikkor seems to have the edge - but it's much more expensive ?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid 80 euros for the Nikkor, because it has some fungus spots inside the front element. I think the current eBay prices are between 150 - 250 euros.
I paid 51 euros for the MIR.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So ... these nikon pics were made with the fungus inside?
looks fine!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats an interesting comparison, thanks for sharing it. The Nikkor has higher contrast, the Mir has slightly better out of focus rendering.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own the 35mm.
The Nikon is shaper and as noted exhibits a warmer tone.
You can see the difference of sharpness in the fist two pics. The Nikon is deffinetly more crisp in this test.

I purchased my Nikon for 35.00 at shutterblade on ebay. Not expensive at all.