Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

300mm or longer - what is your advice?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 300 mm what is your advice Reply with quote

gill wrote:
Excellent thread regarding 300 mm and above but quite old. i searched around but could not locate comments on Yashica ML 300/5.6. Where you will place this lens among above mentioned lenses and specifically Tamromron 60-300 and 300/5.6. Regards
gill

Rare lens not many people have it , so don't know. I expect good quality.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 300 mm what is your advice Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
gill wrote:
Excellent thread regarding 300 mm and above but quite old. i searched around but could not locate comments on Yashica ML 300/5.6. Where you will place this lens among above mentioned lenses and specifically Tamromron 60-300 and 300/5.6. Regards
gill

Yashica ML 300/5,6. Is tha same than M42 Yashica DX 300/5,6?

See http://yashica.org/341-2-DX-300mm-15-6.html

ML is for coated only (multi layer), or not?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ML = Multi coating yes .

I think ML equal with DSB series not with DX , both are Yashica best from different ages.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 300 mm what is your advice Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

ML = Multi coating layers.
Yashica ML 300/5,6. Is tha same than M42 Yashica DX 300/5,6?

Thanks Attila & estudleon for quick response of quite old thread. In an immuculate condition this lens surfaced on a camera shop but was hesitant to pick up due to already accumulation of junk and aging eyes. I will wait for an expert opinon from colleagues or let it sold out.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
ML = Multi coating yes .

I think ML equal with DSB series not with DX , both are Yashica best from different ages.

Thank you, very much

Rino.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject: 300mm or longer - what is your advice? Reply with quote

Hi all:

In search of lenses (it is ailment or addiction) i visited the local camera market and located two lenses in a shelf. Photax Paragon auto zoom 85-210/3.5 and vivitar 300/5.6. I googled/yahoo nothing found about Paragon. I will appreciate comments/expert opinion of my colleagues before increasing the junk. Regards

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the Photax Paragon recently. Was expecting complete junk but it was actually ok! I'll upload some photos tonight if I remember.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shrek wrote:
I had the Photax Paragon recently. Was expecting complete junk but it was actually ok! I'll upload some photos tonight if I remember.

Which Photax Paragon, the 300/5 ? Ist it a tokina made ones?

How good is?

Thanks, Rino.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Leslie wrote:
I have the f4 300mm Pentacon that wont it ever, I also have the Tair 300 and that doesn't come near. The only ones I know that will consistantly perform in most situations without having to stop down to f11 and doesn't cost a fortune are the Tamron SP f5.6 300mm or the Tamron SP 60-300mm zoom.

Amazing since i have completed opposite opinion Wink

if have those 3 ones, Tamron SP 300, Tair 300mm F4.5 and orestegor 300m F4

The best of my copies is the Tair, then orestegor and third the Tamron

orestegor is too heavy
Tair is a little difficult
and Tamron is the easiest at use, but i found it lacks sharpness ans has lot of CA's

Yesterday i use it with the 2X SP extender and was a little disapointed, but maybe my copie of extender is not at its best Sad

imagine distance is about 4m and the dragonfly (libellule) is about 4cm long
I had to select 800iso to juste close to f8...

here is a crop