Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

24mm f/2.8 Nikkor-N Auto (Non-Ai) on Canon XSi?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: 24mm f/2.8 Nikkor-N Auto (Non-Ai) on Canon XSi? Reply with quote

I tried to search on ebay for an adapter but couldn't see Non-Ai model mentioned.

Cold you please comment is it possible to mount it on EOS without problems.
I would like to try it.

My friend gave two lenses to me last night to play. He mentioned that both are with Nikon mount.

24mm f/2.8 Nikkor-N Auto (Non-Ai)
&
Auto Promaster Spectrum 7 MC 1:3.5-4.5 f= 28-80mm (with MACRO switch on lens)

Not much on the Net about this Promaster.

Thanks a lot.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikon-EOS-adapters do not care about AI or non-AI.
On a Canon crop DSLR you can use any Nikkor lens (execpt those weird superwide lenses with protruding rear parts).

The 2.8/24 non-AI is a fantastic lens!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your quick answer. I am going to order one adapter today and post the test pictures soon for your review.
I am looking into this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350130295178&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
I think it will do the work. It's one of the cheapest available. Don't have money for the most expensive adapters.

Cheers,
Zoran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that'll do.
There is only one thing I do not really like about this kind of adapter: it has springs that hold it "fast" to the lens bajonet.
I rather like the ones that do not use springs but solid metal pieces with a gap in between. These gaps can be adjusted to a firm fit.

Depending on the lens this spring solution does not fit well.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seller pointed to me that won't fit well.

Could you please send me link to e-bay of one you like? I will buy it.
You are really supportive and I appreciate your time.
Kind regards,
Zoran