Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

200mm F3.5 Preset Tak?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: 200mm F3.5 Preset Tak? Reply with quote

Any idea how this compares with the S-M-C 200mm F4 Tak?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about optical quality, but it is a 67mm filter ring (so more expensive filters), the weight is bigger (200-300g more than 200/4) and the coating will be less efficient I think Wink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not comparable, SMC is a very nice great lens , my 3.5 copy is crap. Some other member reported better result , but they are not in same league.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will post samples, I just bought it. I guess it will be as good as Super Takumar 4/200 Cool

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today arrived. Beauty! Preset, M42, 18 blades aperture

screen capture - RAW

screen capture of crop from RAW

other samples

Lens

It is very chilly today, more samples other day

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great! Congrats!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will receive one in few days, complete with case, seems to be in VGC (paid less than 30 GBP P&P included), I'll compare it to the S-M-C 200/4 (or maybe the Super 200/4), and maybe to the 135mm's with x1.5 converter Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look forward your results too, seems I have only the one "lucky" boy who have a crapy lemon copy Sad

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Not comparable, SMC is a very nice great lens , my 3.5 copy is crap. Some other member reported better result , but they are not in same league.

The pictures I saw on Pbase and Flickr of the 3.5 are very nice! But I decided to buy a SMC 200mm. Better coating and easier to handle.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the various samples I've seen of the 4/200, I would say I prefer Voytek's preset. That lens looks a winner.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received mine today, complete with its caps (the rear one doesnt have Takumar written, but its the second preset Takumar I got with these very shallow caps, I suppose it's the caps of the preset ones, and the Auto have the shallower version of the Takumar ones), case and a hood wich could be the right one Smile Paid 32 EUR shipped, from UK Razz