Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

1st generation Praktica, what is it worth?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: 1st generation Praktica, what is it worth? Reply with quote

One day last week I was browsing eebay and saw a listing with a body and two lenses. I threw in a bid at last seconds and won a Praktica body with a Biotar 2/58mm and a Biometar 2.8/80mm.

As I was really after the lenses I'm thinking about selling the body but I have no idea what to ask for it.

According to this site it seems to be the the third variation of the 1st gen Praktica.

The metal parts have a few dents and scratches but the overall condition is nice. The leatherette parts are in good condition. The shutter works and the speeds sound ok-ish.

I've noticed that the newer Prakticas are not worth much these days but as this is over 50 years old I was hoping I could recover some cash from it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With no lens, probably not much.

Checking ebay it looks like $20-30 with good cosmetics and mostly functional.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've a few that I've bought for lenses and kept. They aren't bad cameras to use on occasions.

Get a roll of film or three and try it out.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for you replies!

Maybe I'll keep it, I have to admit I love the viewfinder on it. I quess it'll look nice next to the Spotmatic which I'm also planning on using sometime. Although the lack of a built in meter in this one is going to be a challenge for me.

Now I at least have one camera with "liveview" (which my Pentax K200D doesn't have)

Laughing