Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

135L2 + 1.4x + 2x test
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: 135L2 + 1.4x + 2x test Reply with quote

Today I tested my 1.4x and 2x canon extenders with canon 135L2 lens. the lens was at F2. body 350D on a tripod, ISO 100. Here 30% compressed images for 135L, 135L + 1.4x, 135L + 2x, 135L + 1.4x + 2x and 100% crops.

http://picasaweb.google.com/ivmakarov/135L214x2xTest?feat=directlink

I was surprised to find out that 135L even with both 1.4x and 2x extenders produces reasonable IQ.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somewhere I read that it is important to mount the extenders in a specific order. Unfortunately I can't remember if the one with higher magnification or the one with lesser magnification goes first.
I read this in a book but also on a webpage where also comparison photographs were shown and in fact it made a difference which extender you put first onto the lens.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iirc, the least mag TC (or best TC) goes on the lens, the idea being to always magnify the best possible image as magnification increases toward the camera end of the lens chain; that 1.4X TC produces a better image than 2X TC, so 1.4X provides the best possible image for 2X TC to magnify.