Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

110mm f/2.5 Voigtlander Macro Apo Lanthar - Sony A7RIV
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:26 pm    Post subject: 110mm f/2.5 Voigtlander Macro Apo Lanthar - Sony A7RIV Reply with quote

HI all,

Sometimes in life, it's all about the small things! Some shots from this morning with the superb Voigtlander 110mm f/2.5 Macro Apo Lanthar in E-mount, on the Sony A7RIV.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Blazer0ne on Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great lens and great images. If i would save up all my lens spendings for a year I could get one Wink But I was really thinking about the 125mm 2.5

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
Great lens and great images. If i would save up all my lens spendings for a year I could get one Wink But I was really thinking about the 125mm 2.5

I hear you! I sold about a year's worth of acquisitions to pick this one up. I have the 125mm in Canon mount as well and was originally planning to just use that via adapter on the Sony, but I found that I really didn't like the ergonomics of the adapted lens - too much play. Of course, the problem is more than likely with my less than stellar adapter! The 110 is newer, and has tested better than the 125 in several reviews (albeit, very marginally better). Without pixel peeping, and ignoring the slight difference in FOV, I can't tell the difference between the two lenses in side by side 11x14 prints. I originally was going to sell the 125mm to fund the 110mm, but then decided that just having the 110 would negate my use of the lens on full frame Canon, so I sold some other gear, and kept both!

The good news, is that the release of the 110 might be driving down the price of used 125's!

Best,

Paul

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens is insanely good.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It certainly out resolves the big sensor on the Sony A7RIV!

P.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

Amazing shots using a superb lens you got Paul!! That Frog portrait is insanely good!

I have the Nikon mount version of the 2.5/125mm and it my best all aroudn macro lens I ever had (sold my first MINT one for what I then thought insanely good price, massively regretted it later and re-bought another one, just lens and sunshade from Japam for a very good price...)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing work. Nice lens also.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys!

The lens is truly superb. It also handles very well. I find handholding it at 1:1 really isn't difficult in good light. I usually just rack the focus out to the magnification I am interested in and then just move in and out physically. Because it can rack out quite far, it can become a little unwieldy on a tripod. I really like the subject separation it provides as well, and the bokeh is very smooth. I have found that f/8 is the sweet spot for my copy.

Enjoy!

paul