Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

zuiko 35mm 2.8 , flek 35 2.8 zebra or MIR 1b ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: zuiko 35mm 2.8 , flek 35 2.8 zebra or MIR 1b ? Reply with quote

Hello !
I need a "normal" prime for my EOS XTi.
I can buy these lenses . What's your opinion ?
I could not find much about the zuiko .

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

find yashica ml 35/2.8 - cheap and best 35/2.8 in my eyes

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zuiko or Flek or what Karabud did suggest.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karabud , do you mean the Yashinon 35mm 2.8 or the CZ distagon 35mm 2,8 Yashica -Contax , or the Yashikor 35mm 2.8?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yinyangbt wrote:
karabud , do you mean the Yashinon 35mm 2.8 or the CZ distagon 35mm 2,8 Yashica -Contax , or the Yashikor 35mm 2.8?

Yashica ML 35mm f2.8. For macros - Flek 35/2.4(great for aps-c) but much more expenisve.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yashica ML 35/2.8 is the best budget 35mm I tried, and I tried many. It *is* a great lens.

The original three lenses are quite average (Zuiko) or outright bad (Mir-1). MC Mir-24 (M or H) would be a much better option than Mir-1.

If you're set about the Zuiko, make sure you get the latest version (labeled "MC Zuiko" or, better yet, just "Zuiko" and not "H.Zuiko" or something). However, I have that lens, and it's decent but surprisingly not great. (Surprisingly, because I liked 28/2.8 and 24/2.8 Zuikos a lot). Still it's the best of the three lenses you're considering.

The "zebra" version of the Flektogon is single-coated. I know many people will recommend this lens, but my advice is: stay away. Low contrast, not very sharp at the distance. Good bokeh and close-up performance though, if you're into that, but not quite acceptable as a walkabout "standard" lens if you ask me.

Finally, I don't have good words about Mir-1. Some find it acceptable, but did they ever try Yashica ML 35/2.8 or Contax Distagon 35/2.8? Smile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not recommend the Mir 1-B for this purpose as it is very hard to focus properly and accurately control DOF with on an APS-C camera. It's probably a lot easier if you have a more accurate focusing screen or use liveview but I haven't tried.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you considered the Mir24 35mm f/2.0?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aoleg,I am not especially set about Zuiko , the price is 83 E "sharp" Laughing .It is very small ,unobtrusive and light , and that's what I say are good points ( but not before the optical quality - I already own a Sigma 30 mm 1.4 as a "normal" prime)- maybe the 28 Zuiko would be a better idea?
Not very fond about the Flek either - I have a 20mm 2.8 and it's unusable at 2.8 , probably a bad copy , and I suspect there are more of these.
orangehexagon ,thanks for the information , I am looking for a good lens.
macsterdam
The Mir 24 goes over 100 E , I dont know if it's not hyped and the bad copies could be there also ,so I'd prefere something with better Quality control as I am buiyng online .

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 28/2.8 Zuiko (latest version) is a nice lens indeed. Interestingly, it is sharper *and* cheaper than the 35mm. Still works as a normal lens on crop bodies.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do you find 95 E (70 + 25 transport )for a yashica 35mm 2.8 ?