Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zoom Nikkor Auto 43~86mm f/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject: Zoom Nikkor Auto 43~86mm f/3.5 Reply with quote

Had this lens for a while now but could not test it before; it did not fit my first adapter. Ordered a new adapter and it could thankfully be mounted but it's quirky. I have to turn the adapters open/close ring to get the full f/3.5. Anyway it works and it was fun to try it out. The internet has a lot to say about this lens. My conclusion is that it is sharp enough, has a bit of glow and is generally a good zoom for the vintage look. Out of focus areas are soft and pretty in my opinion.

All but one of these are taken at 86mm. Sony a7. Adjusted in ACR.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small one of their first zooms!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This earlier version of the 43-86 Nikkor often gets unfavourable comments but I had one in the 1980s and the Kodachromes from it were actually very pleasing. These shots also look nice and serve to remind us that lenses rated as technically "inferior" by some enthusiasts can still turn in very pleasing images.

It certainly was a far better handling lens than the contemporary Voigtlander Zoomar.