Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zenit shutter *repair* project
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Zenit shutter *repair* project Reply with quote

Sometimes one is thinking of buying some slr that has a slight shutter problem and thinks that he/she can repair it.

This one was definitely broken so I dared to take it all apart. This is I think a typical result of such a repair. Principally it is still theoretically possible to reassemble it. The broken curtain is center bottom on the picture.

Why is it so difficult then? The curtain system is assembled part by part between the bottom plate and the cast body of the camera. Film plane (not sure what it is called) isn't removable or anything. Assembly need some special tool and very detailed instructions.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try Zenit camera group on Yahoo for help they have a lot of docs manuals and pics you can download, also Tom Tigers web page can help
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Zenitcamera/
http://www.xs4all.nl/~tomtiger/index.html
or I could send you some spare bits maybe? I have a couple of extra working E's I can donate.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch! Shocked Looks more like a demolition project. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck! Looks not an easy going stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkedAddled wrote:
Ouch! Shocked Looks more like a demolition project. Crying or Very sad

You are right. When I saw the state of the curtains I decided not to document all the positions of springs and nuts and just see how it is built. It has been built part by part - no modularity.

Then I bought "new" ET. Didn't process the test film yet.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poolhall wrote:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Zenitcamera/

The group access is designed by the same people that designed Zenit ..

EDIT:
"Please be patient, your membership is now pending, it might take 24 to 48 hours until your membership is approved."

But now I have one more extra mail address I don't need Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang on mate I'll go on, see what i can find and send it to you. Watch out for PM Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Zenit shutter *repair* project Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
Sometimes one is thinking of buying some slr that has a slight shutter problem and thinks that he/she can repair it.

This one was definitely broken so I dared to take it all apart. This is I think a typical result of such a repair. Principally it is still theoretically possible to reassemble it. The broken curtain is center bottom on the picture.

Why is it so difficult then? The curtain system is assembled part by part between the bottom plate and the cast body of the camera. Film plane (not sure what it is called) isn't removable or anything. Assembly need some special tool and very detailed instructions.

Oh my god!! Very Happy

tf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there!!

Were you able to repair her? (Yes, her, she is beautiful)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received excellent guide - thank you very much - and have all the parts in one box. I think I might reassemble it some time but not in the near future. I like the simple nature of the camera, that is why I even think about it.

Got me ET with working everything and because it is black it doesn't even draw extra attention which I use as film slr nowdays.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have any repair guide for Zenits in English?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a problem in my Zenit B. She is wide open in front of me, but I cannot take the Photo Counter (right-hand wheel)... Can somebody help me?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, at least you have a much better chance to reassemble than a hurricane sweeping up the parts and leaving it behind assembled. Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to assemble! I want do dis-assemble Very Happy