Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zenit E - focusing and/or mirror problem
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:41 am    Post subject: Zenit E - focusing and/or mirror problem Reply with quote

Hello,

I encountered a problem with my old Zenit E. It doesn't focus correctly. I made some tests with it and compered the test with the results from my good M42 camera (Porst Reflex TL, which fosuses correctly).
The test's result says that the Zenit backfocuses about ~2-3cm (instead of 0.33m it focuses at 0.36mm - I made the tests with a Pentacon 1.8/50 lens and used the writings on the barrell). Now, I know, the Zenit has a little screw under the mirror. So, I had to screw it down until I obtain the same focusing distance as the Porst and the scale on the lens.
So I did it, and now it focuses correctly. But here starts another problem. When I fire the mirror doesn't move. The shutter works correctly but the camera doen't have the ability to lift up the mirror. Only if I unscrew that screw (at the same old position) on which the mirror sits when its down, the camera can lift the mirror, but in this case I can not focus well.
Anything else is working correctly.
What can I do (except to buy another body Smile ) ?
Thank you all.

Cosmin.