Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss ZM Biogon 21mm f2.8 for Leica Wedding Photography
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Zeiss ZM Biogon 21mm f2.8 for Leica Wedding Photography Reply with quote

Hi guys,

My latest purchase is a Zeiss ZM Biogon 21mm f2.8 that comes in Leica M mount. Yesterday was my first wedding of 2014 so I got to try it out for its intended use.

Here are a few samples of Leica wedding photography - Leica M9 + ZM 21/2.8

Leica Wedding Portrait by MatthewOsbornePhotography - Leica Photographer, on Flickr

Black and White Wedding Photography - Leica M9 by MatthewOsbornePhotography - Leica Photographer, on Flickr

Zeiss ZM 21mm f2.8 Biogon by MatthewOsbornePhotography - Leica Photographer, on Flickr

Zeiss ZM 21/2.8 Biogon Wedding by MatthewOsbornePhotography - Leica Photographer, on Flickr

I have not gone through all the images yet but you can find a summary of my day here including gear used and thoughts on the day

Blog - http://matthewosbornephotography.wordpress.com/2014/01/26/black-and-white-wedding-photography-leica-m9/

It was the first outing for the ZM Biogon but I was really pleased with the results.

Cheers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

these pictures actually make me want to buy an m9. i thought they were lovely.
tony

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see they are clear and sharp, but for my taste they are way to dark for wedding shots.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

like anything else, it depends on what the end user wants. i would have loved these as they show imagination and do not look like every other series of wedding photos ever taken. i think it is difficult to breath some freshness into what can, because of the sheer repetitive nature of the work, become a very 'formulaic' and imo rather dull excercise.