Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss Tessar repair problem
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Zeiss Tessar repair problem Reply with quote

Hi everyone.
I just got my hands on a Carl Zeiss Tessar 2.8/50 with some bugs in it.
The Problem with it is that is has dirt (namly brass bits) on the middle part of the lense, makes a chattering noise and the apparture ring moves slowly (not in steps).
Until now I managed to open it carefully and to clean the lense. But I still don `t have full access to the apparture mechanism (where the chattering comes from).(see pictures).
Is it possible to access the aparture from the front (Zeiss lettering) or from the back? I can`t see any further screws.

Pic 1:

Pic 2: Backside of lense with unscrewed back glass

I would really appreciate any suggestions.

thanks christopher

Last edited by christopher on Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Zeiss Tessar repair problem Reply with quote

christopher wrote:
Hi everyone.
I just got my hands on a Carl Zeiss Tessar 2.8/50 with some bugs in it.
The Problem with it is that is has dirt (namly brass bits) on the middle part of the lense, makes a chattering noise and the apparture ring moves slowly (not in steps).
Until now I managed to open it carefully and to clean the lense. But I still don `t have full access to the apparture mechanism (where the chattering comes from).(see pictures).
Is it possible to access the aparture from the front (Zeiss lettering) or from the back? I can`t see any further screws.

Pic 1:

Pic 2: Backside of lense with unscrewed back glass
[url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/200910/big_1997_small_DSCI0006_1.jpg][/url]

I would really appreciate any suggestions.

thanks christopher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

Zeiss label ring is removable and behind that you can find rings what are removable with spanner wrench. All optical elements will go out after all and you can see and fix aperture blades.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello...
can I just snap the label ring off or is it fixed somehow? I couldn`t find anything like a screw...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Christopher,

Just unscrew the name ring as i did here ...

Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well thanks a lot... I finally managed to disassemble and clean everything!!! =)
I`m nearly done with it and gonna post a picture of the lense in a while...

thanks christopher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: lense fiished Reply with quote

thank you for the help...
no the lense is back in place!!!