Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss Jena Prakticar 1.4/50 MC II + Sony A7R II.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:51 am    Post subject: Zeiss Jena Prakticar 1.4/50 MC II + Sony A7R II. Reply with quote

I could only use it so far to shoot my kids. But I wanted to thank the people in this amazing forum, who helped me discover this lens. It's a fantastic resource. I searched old posts and I remember especially Attila's recommendation as an an alternative to Biotar 50 1.4, and also his remarks, and from others members, about how it can be in a same league with Planar 50 1.4 or Summilux. I have to say I agree. It's a special/strange lens, as I like, but it also performs very highly. I hope to use it soon more for my work. I currently have a Pancolar 1.4/55 borrowed for a few days, and it surprises me that Prakticar isn't more well-known, considering that the rendering is quite similar, isn't it?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazingly sharp at full aperture - and the colour!
Outstanding images Adolfo.
Great lens for sure
Tom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1 wonderful lens, excellently used!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Amazingly sharp at full aperture - and the colour!
Outstanding images Adolfo.
Great lens for sure
Tom

Quote:
Like 1 Like 1 Like 1 wonderful lens, excellently used!!!

Thanks! I'm very happy with this lens!

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Dog I rate this lens to very high , good as than any 50mm from Leitz or Zeiss.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so pleasurable portraits!!
well done, and also excellent tones and colours Like 1
Sandro