Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss Ikon/Voigtländer Icarex 35S TM
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Zeiss Ikon/Voigtländer Icarex 35S TM Reply with quote

I've always loved the Icarex - it's got a beautiful yet functional look in my eyes.

Pictured here with the Ultron 1.8/50 and Tessar 2.8/50 lenses in M42 mount.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, too. Could it have influenced the modern Bessamatic?

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was this set on ebay recently? I was hunting for an Icarex including these 2 lenses aswel but lost out on bidding at the end. Great looking bunch and a great bonus that they are useable on DSLR Very Happy.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWH wrote:
Was this set on ebay recently? I was hunting for an Icarex including these 2 lenses aswel but lost out on bidding at the end. Great looking bunch and a great bonus that they are useable on DSLR Very Happy.

I bought the Ultron over a year ago, and the Icarex with a Tessar some months ago - the lens in the photos is actually a different Tessar to the one that came with the camera.

On the hunt for the Skoparex next - missed one in the last 24 hours, but the price had gone too high for me anyway...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking supergood! I have the silver "non-pro" version - what is the difference with pro and non-pro ??

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a beautiful camera Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

larsr wrote:
Looking supergood! I have the silver "non-pro" version - what is the difference with pro and non-pro ??

Thanks Lars - I don't know what differences (if any) there are between the bodies marked 'Pro', and the regular versions. I've seen the silver version with the 'Pro' engraving too - perhaps it was a marketing strategy?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful set! Tessar is one of the best 50mm lens, I expect Ultron too.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Beautiful set! Tessar is one of the best 50mm lens, I expect Ultron too.

This iteration of the Tessar is particularly nice to use, as well as giving very good results. And the Ultron is a real gem - I absolutely love it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr.AK wrote:
What a beautiful camera Smile

Thanks for the compliment!