Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashica TL Electro X
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:20 am    Post subject: Yashica TL Electro X Reply with quote

I was in a thrift store about a month or so ago, and they had a Yashica 35mm camera for $20 US. I didn't really get a chance to check it out then.
The store is 35 miles from my house.

A last minute trip today, had me heading in that direction. So I stopped in to see if they still had the camera.
It was still there. It turned out to be a Yashica TL Electro X. I did quick checkover at the store, and the shutter fires fine,but I couldn't see anything thru the viewfinder.

Well, I bought it. Turned out it has a mirror lockup and it was sticking.The camera is in beautiful shape, and has a Yashica Yashinon DS-M 50mm f1.7 lens.

This is my first Yashica.So how good is this camera, and is that a decent lens it came with.
I will post pictures of the camera tommorow.

Last edited by walter g on Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one and its an excellent camera, lens should be very good too though I have a 50/2 on mine rather than 1.7. Its quite a big camera but handles well once you get used to it and seems to have a reasonably good meter on it, I think you have a good buy with it Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had TL electro X, in black and in chrome too. Both had electric problems. They are very difficult to repair, because the internal contacts are very old and when the cam is dessambled to repair, they are very affected and the electronical parts used in the cam aren't easy to obtain now.

Excuse my words but I suffered deceptions with my external beauty electros when the photometer arrows didn't job anymore.

But if you are lucky and have a one which is OK, enjoy!!

Good luck. Rino.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a working silver one and a black one where the electrics are bad - the battery check works but it won't register the meter. I like the silver one enough that I took a chance on the black one.

When the electric goes, the shutter fires at 1/1000, as far as I recall. But with working electrics, you can set intermediate speeds; below 1/30 the dial is dentless.

The DS-M 50/1.7 is a fine lens, multicoated, and I've always enjoyed using mine. Here's a couple of samples with the DS-M on the Yashica and BW400CN loaded.

and fomapan 400

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought it with a bad battery, so I couldn't test the electrics in the store.
Bought a battery today. It takes the A544, luckily. Got one for $5 at the local drug store.

It seems to be working perfectly.No problem with the electrics.So tommorow, I'm putting film in and give it a real test.

Thank's guys. I wasn't to sure what I had bought. But now I'm encouraged. Very Happy

Nesster if mine shoots that well i will be very happy. Very Happy

I just posted one very crappy pic of the camera. It's in alot better shape then the pic shows. It just needs a good cleaning.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice atmosphere in the 2nd pic Jussi.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Yashica club Walter Smile ... the lens is looking "well used" ...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobalt60 wrote:
Welcome to the Yashica club Walter Smile ... the lens is looking "well used" ...

Thank you. Your right about the lens it is dirty and well worn, but the strange thing is optically it's perfect. Not even a scratch.

I plan on shooting the first roll of film this week. Wish me luck. Hopefully no light leak problems.