Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashica ML 50mm f2 won't hit infinity
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Yashica ML 50mm f2 won't hit infinity Reply with quote

I have a wonderfully sharp Yashica ML 50mm f2 that I have been using indoors with great results. I just tried to take it outside, only to find that when I place the lens at infinity, it only focuses to maybe 10m. I was under the impression that C/Y lenses could hit infinity on a Canon camera. Is it maybe my (cheap ebay) adapter? Or has anyone else had similar issues with C/Y Yashica 50's.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried any other C/Y lenses with that adapter? It's going to be either a cheap adapter that's too thick or a knackered lens...my ML 50/2 performs with no problems at all to infinity.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't tried another lens with this adapter, no, as this is my only C/Y lens. The lens seems to be in perfect mechanical shape and the focus is smooth and it goes all the way to the infinity marker. I do seem to be getting a little closer MFD than advertised as well, so I am going to conclude it is the adapter. Sadly I paid more for it than the lens! Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tkbslc wrote:
Haven't tried another lens with this adapter, no, as this is my only C/Y lens. The lens seems to be in perfect mechanical shape and the focus is smooth and it goes all the way to the infinity marker. I do seem to be getting a little closer MFD than advertised as well, so I am going to conclude it is the adapter. Sadly I paid more for it than the lens! Smile

Try to measure the thickness of the adaptor if you own a caliper. The thickness should be less than or equal to 1.5mm for infinity focusing.