Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashica ML 28-50 3.5f
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Yashica ML 28-50 3.5f Reply with quote

A collector of Contax/Yashica lenses is offering me a Yashica ML 28-50 3.5f for 180 euros.
He says it is a very good sharp lens.

I can't find a lot on the internet about this lens.

Pictures on Flickr look very good indeed
http://www.flickr.com/photos/santapolero/sets/72157622617764287/

Is this lens good and worth the money ?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once had a Pentax 28-50mm zoom lens and didnt like the narrow zoom range.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hifisapi wrote:

+1 same here I had Tamron SP 28-48 or similar , it was pretty point less to me also.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
hifisapi wrote:

+1 same here I had Tamron SP 28-48 or similar , it was pretty point less to me also.

Probably agree too. Usually when using a wide-angle lens I don't need a normal. Maybe it's that I'm not used to using a zoom in that range, but I would say I use a normal rarely, and usually only when I need the speed of 1.4.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the special thing about this lens. People ask $500 for this (ok it is mint and seller is goK%¤#n but still).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
What is the special thing about this lens. People ask $500 for this (ok it is mint and seller is goK%¤#n but still).

constant aperture is nice to have I rate this lens for 100 USD max.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
kansalliskala wrote:

Have you tried this lens ?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asterinex wrote:
Attila wrote:
kansalliskala wrote:

Have you tried this lens ?

No my judgement simple based on Yashica name + zoom lens. For 300-500 USD I buy Carl Zeiss Contax zoom and surely not Yashica
even rare and excellent Carl Zeiss Jena Vario-Pancolar fit into 500 USD budget.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bought that lens - will have it way soon, almost mint condition. Cool Smile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no pictures with my A7, but it's built like a tank - it was one of the 1st released Yashica ML Zooms, and the 2 Rings Design is way good, i usually dislike Push-Pull Zooms, but sometimes if they're good i do buy them, too. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd pass just on the seller, I bid on a rare lens and after I won and was about to pay he tells me he also has the super rare hood to go with it, gor more of course, I'm willing to bet he separated the two to make more money, I've had 3 deals with him,, all were at the high end of pricing, I felt dirty after every one.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Super-rare" Lens Hood is nothing special, there are two type of Lens Hoods for this specific lens, just like for the Yashica ML 28-85/3.5-4.5,
which is also being considered rare these days, because even less being sold on ebay compared to the 28-50/3.5.

The 28-85 can being used with an ordinary screw-on type lens hood, and also with one pull-on type, but i have had never seen this
pull-on lens hood into reality, neither for the 28-85 ML, nor for the 28-50/3.5 ML. Into the end, just buy a cheap wideangle screw-mount
metal lens hood with 67mm diameter for the 28-85, and 72mm for the 28-50 ML. They each look way good onto these lenses and are
quite cheap on ebay.

I do own two copies of the 28-50/3.5 ML in near/or way close to new condition, and also two from the 28-85 ML Zoom.
Its always better to have a backup copy, just in case for when something weird would happen...don't have most lenses twice,
but some of them.

'nuff said. Cool